“Nice airplanes”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Newer airplanes, good entertainment systems with USB charging plug and plug for head phones. The plane was clean, ontime, crew were friendly. Better than United and other US airlines.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,935)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took this airline to fly from Denver with a final destination of Osaka, Japan. There is an Air Canada app that you can download. This was helpful to keep track of flight information and boarding passes. However, I continue to have issues with the app saying there was an error for too many attempted log ins, even after I took the steps to resolve it. I would always just back out of this error and it would work fine.

I used the check-in online option. This worked fine, but don't select to have your boarding passes texted to you, it doesn't work. Another girl had the same issue. Have them emailed to you or print them at the airport.

All the staff we encountered were very friendly. They speak English and French. I paid a little extra to pick seats that were preferred when given the option in advanced. They did not cost much more, only about $40 USD per seat from what I remember. Definitely worth it. My husband and I were able to sit next to each other only rather than 3 seats to an aisle. He is 6 feet tall (~183 cm) and said the leg room was decent. I'm very short so it didn't matter. The flight from Denver to Vancouver seemed to be a newer plane. It had better seats with screens embedded in the back of the seats with USB connections available and in-flight Wi-Fi.

The flight from Vancouver to Osaka did not have screens or Wi-Fi. They only offered their in-flight entertainment through their app which you have to have downloaded previously. You would also need a phone or tablet to be able to use it. I found this odd for an international flight. It was the same situation on the way back from Japan. The seats did include a voltage plug (I think it was 120 V) with US/Canada outlet, which was helpful to charge our electronics.

The meals were decent but if you are vegan or vegetarian they would not work for you. It was always a choice of chicken or beef. There may be a way to make a special dietary request in advanced, though I did not look into that. The flight from Vancouver to Osaka included two meals and snacks. There was a ton of food provided so you definitely won't go hungry. Alcoholic drinks are not included but water and soda are.

Air Canada also allows two checked bags free per person and one carry-on and one personal item. I feel this is pretty generous.

All things considered, for the price we paid for the tickets, I would recommend this airline. There were no hiccups or delays and the flights themselves along with check-in went very smoothly. Side note, this airline seems very generous with waiting for all passengers to be on board before leaving. Some airlines will only call the name once and then that's it for you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For a long-haul flight like this one from Asia, I wouldn't recommend flying Air Canada economy, unless you find a good deal. Not that it's bad, per se. But it could be so much better. For one, the seats are narrow and don't have much cushioning. The gentleman in the seat next to me was large enough that his arm on the armrest pretty much consumed about a quarter of my space (for over 12 hours). The seats barely reclined. The meal I had was an Asian chicken with rice dish. Too spicy for comfort on a long flight, but there was no way to know this when being offered a meal choice. Flight attendants were efficient and sometimes curt (in an effort to keep passengers moving).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew to London on a air canada flight good flight well looked after by the crew.our return was a fully booked flight a little late taking off once airborne we were again well looked after.the meals were ok for airline food.again the only problem was the baggage took quite a long time to come through .all in all well done air Canada .

I've been an Air Canada customer for 40 years - always feel welcomed, taken
care of and safe by great Inflight staff and ground crew