“Not worth the money”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Met by a grumpy guy at the boarding gates. Looked like he was a robot. The lady ( chinese/philipino) at the other counter was way too good at greeting people. This itself crossed my mood. The flight attendant was pleasant though. After having taken seats, they asked for our meal preference and looked like many ordered the chicken meal. They apparently ran out of that and were requesting passengers to change their option to a veggie meal. When the food was served, it looked like the packets were cramped up as the rice, chicken and gravy had almost mixed itself up and lumped onto one side of the tray. The salad was very cold and in fact cucumbers and olives were frozen with ice crystals in it.

The seats were good, but when I wanted to recline the guy sitting behind me objected as the food tray was still spread out and he was still drinking alcohol after the meal. I still reclined a bit but not good enough for a nice sleep on a 5 hr flight.

The only thing worth the money was the spacious leg room for a ticket that costs twice the economy. However, the service remains a lot to be improved. No wonder the middle eastern airlines have a higher rating. Their service is impeccable.

Surprisingly, the bags arrived very fast. I could easily exit the airport after immigration.

Economy travel on Air Canada is a nightmare as experienced by my daughter a couple of months back, They were seated like sardines in a box.

Overall an okay experience. Never would fly on AC unless I have no other option.

1  Thank dohaman
Write a ReviewReviews (18,012)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Timeliness: Left an hour late, arrived almost on time
Airport Processing: Efficient, friendly ground staff
Comfort: Limited (seat layout is 3-3-3 in Economy, making for smaller seats) With a full aircraft and if you are taller than 1.7m., the 14.5 hour flight will see you feeling a bit cramped.
Airside Service: Good, except for flight attendants' understanding of "dairy-free" - resulting in very little nourishment during the flight. Normal food offering was tasty.
Overall Rating: Might explore other airlines next time...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first international flight & I was impressed with the service & the comfort package, (pillow & blanket).

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our Boeing 777 was a bit squishy and a lot more full than our first flight. It’s the difference between international and domestic where, because the flights are shorter, they try to fit in as many passengers as possible. The only inflight sustenance that was free was drinks, everything else was at a cost.

Checkin was great with lots of helpful people around should you get into trouble, which we didn’t. It did take a long time for our luggage to hit the carousel, again a function of the plane being fully loaded.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just have to say that this was a long day of travel. My flight was delayed by 3 hours due to an airplane mechanical problem. Air Canada was able to change my connecting flight to a later one. Needless to say our later flight was packed. I was thankful that the flight went smoothly.