“Better than some flights”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was late leaving Toronto and they didn't tell us why we were delayed. The flight attendants were cheerful and friendly but they didn't have time to serve everyone a drink. The practice of selling food as they serve greatly slows service and blocks the aisles for a long time. It would be a nice touch if they offered a cookie or even a piece of hard candy. We did have screens in the back of our seats for the short flight. I have flown overseas with Air Rouge (part of Air Canada) with no screen.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,614)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Air Canada Express flights were on time for departures and arrivals. The flight attendants were kind. Comfort was 4/5 and the pilot/co-pilot announced points of interest on the ground, like Niagara Falls. It is the small things like this that make a flight enjoyable. It is unfortunate snacks are no longer served, unless you pay, but a good variety of beverages are served. Food/beverage service was also quick and efficient. The down side is that there is also no entertainment centers on the AC Express planes, so just be prepared and download your entertainment on your device before your flights. There was nothing out of the ordinary for these flights, but all in all a good experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew Business Class to Copenhagen. It was a smooth flight with comfortable seats that became flat beds, and the service was efficient and attentive. I arrived feeling quite refreshed. Since I last flew, Air Canada has opened its Signature Suite. I guess one of the reasons was because the Maple Leaf Lounge was getting so crowded. The service in the Signature Suite was also very attentive. I noticed that there are less newspapers and magazines, and you have to ask if any are available. Also, I did miss some of the finger foods that are available in the Maple Leaf Lounge, but on the other hand there are a larger variety of dishes available for a meal. . To this end, there are many more tables, in fact the comfortable seating area is quite small. It was made even smaller by two people (even one person) spreading work over a coffee table and four chairs, and those I saw were not amenable to refining their space should others want to sit down. This led to people who wanted a comfortable chair having to take a table, and then grab a seat when one became available. However, I am pleased that Air Canada is acknowledging the loyalty of their customers by providing this lounge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The overnight flight was great, no needless announcements to disturb sleep.
The food was great and the cabin crew were wonderful. The entertainment system had a good variety of movies, tv shows etc, but I didn't use it as I slept for most of the flight and arrived in London quite refreshed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We flew from Melbourne Australia to St John's via Vancouver & Toronto.
First leg of the journey was in a Dreamliner which was rather crowded and leg room pretty tight. Cabin were not that friendly. Onward flight to Toronto ran late which in turn made us miss our connecting flight to St John's. 6 hours till the next flight . No staff at gate or anywhere to assist us stranded passengers with where to go to get new flight details. To top things off they lost our luggage which did arrive later on the following day. There were about 5 flights prior which our bags could have been placed on but didn't seem to be a priority for them. You can tell Air Canada have a fairly good monopoly on internal flights as their level of customer care and service seemed pretty much lacking. Especially for a major national carrier. Would not really fly again with them unless I had no other choice. Fare was pretty reasonable but could still do with good competition to bring them up to a good level of service.