“Domestic or International”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Showed up to check in and check luggage at Vancouver airport. Check in was fast but we were way too early to check in baggage. The confusing thing was that to check baggage, it must be less than 5 hours before flight. The more confusing thing was that I was told that I had to go to the domestic counter to check in the flight. I said I was going to Boston and isn't that international ? They said because I had stopover in Toronto that it was considered domestic. That was surprise to me since the domestic counter was way over to the extreme end of the terminal. At least the girl that told me what to do walked us all the way over to the other counter to make sure I knew where I had to go. That was very good service. Finally checked in later for flight and made connection in Toronto ok. Flight was delayed in Toronto for about 1/2 to 3/4 hrs but made up most of the time on flight. All in all the service was good.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,472)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight was a bit late leaving but they kept us informed and we arrived close to on time. Check-in was good. Seats were cramped as usual. They gave us a meal,snack, drinks and a breakfast snack, as well as providing water several times. Temperature in cabin was good and staff were helpful and friendly. Baggage was delivered promptly.Inflight entertainment was good. They had lots of movies and tv shows on their screens that you could choose.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Plenty of room - not stuffed in like sardines. Friendly staff. Surprisingly good food. Did not lose luggage. Clean airplane. Flights on time.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Air Canada, I want to start saying that I use this company not by my choice , but only because Lufthansa gave me this option. If you’re a single mom traveling with a toddler remember that they absolutely not care about you.
While we where landing to Toronto after a 9h flight from Venice my son threw up all over himself, me and the seats due to the strong turbulence. I had a 4 h layover that became 3h after the 1h delay, but still enough time to wait for all the people to get off and inform the fly attendant of what happened. I got off the aircraft and I asked for my stroller and they told me it was upstairs ( nobody specified where). So I grabbed my son, my backpack and my carrying on and got upstairs. Nothing. I started to walk and walk until I found two ladies of Air Canada and ask, and completely careless with also an attitude told me that I had to go back in front of the elevator. Got there, no stroller. Only one person from the airline pushing a wheelchair helped me. She asked another man from AC ( more worried about his phone) and the stroller showed up. A Bob stroller ( a big jogging strollers). I couldn’t even open it because they bend a metal piece. So this gentleman told me to leave it there and deal with it in my final destination. The struggle I had to go through to arrived at the gate was ridiculous! I ask for a ride or any help due to my situation that they caused and with a salty response they left me by myself! Went to the customer service and same answer, not our fault deal with it at your final destination. 4 time gate change. 1:38 mins of delay. Arrived at RDU at 00:30 cover with vomit, with my son in my arms and the stroller didn’t show up. Our car seat was compromised ( a side impact protection came off) , the air Canada lady present at that time tried to repair it saying It wasn’t broken and trying to repair it. Also said that I should have done the claim in Toronto! In all this tonight Air Canada sent a person to my house that delivered the stroller that is even more compromised than I thought.
Dear Air Canada, the way I have been treated by your employees was unacceptable! I’ve been left alone for a proble that you caused me without any apology or any help! If you’re a mom traveling I HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND AIR CANADA.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent flight lots of leg room great service by crew and attendants straight through flight good communications from pilot about turbulence and warnings on weather conditions Safe landing under severe winds congratulations