“Food and service”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The attendants were good but didn't come around enough for things like water or tea. I thought the food which was chicken and my husband had pasta, was awful. He ate his because he was hungry, but I couldn't stand the flavour so I did not eat mine. It really tasted like a cardboard box. This is not the way I remember Air Canada food to be. I would definitely eat before boarding. We ate at the Montreal airport and then boarded Air Canada to Rome.
So basically it wasn't great. Leg room was ok. Not much room to stretch your legs though that's for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (17,522)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Boarded the aircraft with the same carry on bag i always use ,latch on the overhead compartment was not working properly ,promptly got told that the bag should have been checked in , without even trying to see what the problem was .Went from bad to worse , seat would not stay in upright position, pushed button for assistance , stewardess arrived promptly , gave me a stern look turned off button and promptly walked away! Needless to say when checking seats to make sure they were all in the upright position , guess what , got into another polite discussion as to , i must be doing something wrong . When the stewardess finally realized the latching mechanism was broken all i got was "we'll have to report that when we land in St. John's , and off she went . Training in being more proactive, with paying customers, and less reactive would sure go a long way ! Maybe i`m just asking for too much , my apologies .

2  Thank chrisdz2015
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! I have never encountered such horrible staff, from TSA staff to porters to general employees. Your management should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such behaviour! Is it all Torontonians or just airport staff. Next time I travel, I'll transfer to a different airport just so that I don't have to deal with the rude, lazy, unkind, staff. You can only push people around so much before they snap! Today was a perfect example!

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
2  Thank Carm_Mags66
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were making our way to Prague from Houston for a river cruise vacation. Working with United Airlines, we chose the option that fit our time schedule best, which was to fly through Toronto and use Air Canada for the leg between Toronto and Prague. Prior to the flight, I found Air Canada difficult to contact and work with when scheduling an upgrade to our economy booking but the onboard flight treatment of passengers and service was even worse. In the future, we will do our best to avoid flying Air Canada. Our return flight from Prague to Houston through Frankfurt on Lufthansa was much better.

1  Thank SusanScott17
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a family we used Air Canada for a recent flight to Calgary from London, returning 2 weeks later from Vancouver. Online checkin was extremely easy but we still faced a long queue at the airports to print out luggage labels and then to check in the hold bags. This double queueing seems rather pointless and I would rather queue just the once to hand over bags and have the labels applied at the desk as used to happen.
Flight out was excellent. Our requests for special diet meals were met fully with tasty offerings, the staff were very friendly and efficient; I have never before been offered water so frequently on a long-haul flight.
However on the return flight the staff seemed tired and just 'going through the motions' of service. The food was luke-warm and tasteless compared to that served going out. We were so uncomfortable from what felt like turbulence (although it was never explained as such and the seatbelt lights remained off) and grating noses from the engines that we were unable to sleep even though it was a night flight. When we landed we were told to stay in our seats while essential engine maintenance tests were carried out - which didn't sound good. Based on this flight alone I wouldn't choose Air Canada, yet I had been very impressed with the outward experience. I'd like to see consistency in the standard of service.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)