“No sleeping on Airbus A-333”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am generally an Air Canada fan, but this flight was unusually unpleasant. I chalk that up to poor seats. My first flight on an A-333, which is a fairly rare bird for the AC fleet.
I am 6’ 0”, found that when I sat upright the seat ahead of me bashed me on the shins - could not extend my legs into the space under the seat ahead. Seat gave very poor lumbar support and the posture it forced me into was excruciating. Ended up sitting on two pillows to get a better body angle and some support in the seat cushion. Very uncomfortable flight, sleep impossible. I have flown AC’s other air raft over long distances without this discomfort. Flight was otherwise smooth and the aircraft is quiet, but the seat really detracted from the flight. Will not fly A333 again. Has AC shifted the seats to cram more people in?
Service was great, but I don’t understand the service protocol. . Flight left at 23:15, most passengers don’t need dinner and just want to sleep, but AC serves a meal as soon as airborne. That meant lights not dimmed for over an hour of precious sleep time. Then, before arrival they serve a really minnimal snack. Would have preferred no dinner but a better breakfast.
One passenger had a medical emergency en route and staff were stellar in handling it.

Write a ReviewReviews (17,604)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Edmonton to Vancouver to Whitehorse. Usual Air Canada flight, crowded, left late, only freebies were soft beverages. Layover in Vancouver, had to purchase food in airport, kind of expensive. Our luggage, along with that of 3 other passengers did not arrive in Whitehorse with us. Apparently, this happens 2 or 3 times a week. It showed up during the night and was delivered.to our hotel.
When we checked in at the airport to leave, the check-in attendant waived the usual luggage fee, but only because my husband mentioned the lost luggage.
The airline wouldn't have done anything if he hadn't complained.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Air Canada seems to have the policy the customer is always wrong. They do not care whatsoever about honesty or integrity. They delayed a flight to the point that it would be imposible to make the connection then said that the only option to make another flight was 24 hours later. They first said that they would give us a hotel but that was a flat out lie. They offered no apologies and later said there were no hotels. They do not care whatsoever about what happens to there customers. What a garbage airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My flight to and from Toronto were all delayed for hours and hours for no apparent reason. Weather was fine, so its the airline. Will never fly this airline anymore, too bad my job was cheap and flew me with this company.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Plane is actually not bad consider its just a small plane, I like the fact it has two seats per row on each side.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)