“4 flight segments none on time”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Honestly. 4 flight segments all delayed. Worst service possible. Arrive at Portland airport at recommended time in advance and find checkin closed. Flights delayed. 2 females show up 90 minutes before sched departure...not in AC uniform...and leisurely check in a huge lineup of frustrated travellers

Write a ReviewReviews (14,648)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Usually, Air Canada business class was the redeeming feature of an otherwise lackluster experience - but I guess this is just on the transpacific routes. This flight was long enough to notice the deficiencies - older seats with less comfort, untidy isles and bathrooms. Food was not bad - good selections, but not served well - non-hot food was straight out of the fridge. Service was typically Canadian - nice, but too familiar and overall unsophisticated.

There are not many options for connections to Europe from Ottawa, so I guess we are stuck for the time being.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flight service is basic but clean, friendly and acceptable. Food acceptable. Flying on Air Canada on International flights is not like flying on Qantas or Emirates but the price and direct flight compensate for the lousy food and overworked flight staff. I have flown this route nearly twenty times overthe decades and this new non-stop direct flight is amazing. The Overnight flight down there is even better. Fast friendly service with a price tag to make any frequent traveller happy.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

On Monday March 13, I was scheduled to fly from Pearson Airport (YYZ) to Regan National Airport (DCA) in Washington to chair and participate in a series of meetings starting Tuesday, March 14 @ 1 pm. My confirmed reservation was MJBZUR and I had checked in online on March 12. When I got to the airport and checked the departure board, the flight was on time. At 3:35 pm on March 12th, while waiting at gate F66 for my 4:45 pm flight, I received an email message from Air Canada that my flight (AC 7618) had been cancelled; but I received no rebooking information. There was no announcement or any other notification or explanation for the cancellation. Unbeknownst to me, as I had received no advanced notice, despite being subscribed for flight notifications, Air Canada had suffered a major systems breakdown Monday morning and hundreds of flights had been cancelled. I lined up with at least 200 others to talk with an AC Service Agent. After almost 3 hours, most of it while standing (not a good idea with my back issues), I finally got to talk to an agent. She was sympathetic and said she was able to get me on a later flight (AC 7620) scheduled to leave at 8:55 pm that same day, which would allow me to get to my meetings. She handed me a boarding pass with my seat assignment (16D) and a $15 food voucher. I subsequently received another email message from AC advising me that I had been booked on another flight on Tuesday late afternoon, which would have been too late for me to attend my meetings in Washington. Since I thought I already had a confirmed seat, I thought it had to be a mistake. When flight 7260 was called, I stepped forward and presented my boarding pass. I was rudely told by the gate agent that I was not confirmed on the flight and she unceremoniously took my boarding pass and handed me a “standby” pass. Needless to say the flight was fully booked and there were only two seats available that were given to other passengers. I was livid at this inexplicable turn of events. I had to exit the airport through Arrivals and go through customs. I took a limousine home.
After trying unsuccessfully to connect with AC Customer Service on-line, I was finally able to reach an AC Customer Service agent by telephone later on Monday evening. She cancelled my trip and arranged a full refund for the airfare. .
My adventure was not over. Lo and behold, I received another notification on March 14, 2018 advising me that it was time to Check-in on AC7613 for my return flight to Toronto on the 15th, which I had already cancelled!!!!
I realize and accept the fact that delays happen and often they are beyond their control. What I do not accept is Air Canada’s callous attitude towards its customers and poor customer relations. Why aren’t they honest with their customers and simply acknowledge the problem. If we know what’s wrong, we can deal with it.

3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Air Canada and Expedia,
a crazy combination.

I strongly recommend you do not use
Air Canada and Expedia to book your
travel in Canada.

I booked flights on line from Vancouver to YellowKnife round trip, business class,
we are screwed by Air Canada with an crazy zigzag flight plan.

Instead direct flight from YellowKnife back to Vancouver which is only 2 hours,
Air Canada wanting us from Yellow Knife
fly to Edmonton at 6:20am in the morning connecting another 2nd flight to Winnipeg, wait at Winnipeg airport for another 9 hours then fly us to Vancouver final destination which we will arrives Vancouver at 9:45pm evening. Spend a whole day travel from Yellowknife to Vancouver?

I called Air Canada many times in Hong Kong and they office staff refused to do anything and push all responsibility to Expedia. I told the staff that It does not make any sense flying us in business class in circle wasting Air Canada resources and our time. But Hk staff said that’s the rule and do not care we actually paid more money for our business class tickets.

I have called Expedia toll free number many times spoke to some one in New Delhi India who has only one thing to say: sorry we can’t change you plane ticket. Only Air Canada can. You need to talk to Air Canada.

As you can see from photo of flight plan and the way it travels, it is insane and not reasonable and Air Canada staff did nothing to help! It is like speaking to wall.

We end up buying another two sets of one way business return ticket from Yellowknife back to Vancouver.

We checked booking Air Canada on line and hotel website directly it is cheaper by US$466. We spent more money and gets frustration with Air Canada and Expedia. They really need to come up with better flight plan to their customer.