“Very understanding and caring”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I have flown Air Canada countless times and usually I am less than happy with their level of service, but this truly was the 'above and beyond' trip.

My dad passed away unexpectedly and I was an emotional wreck, I needed to fly out ASAP to assist my mom with arrangements. I called the airline, the customer service staff went out of their way to find me the least expensive flights They didn't demand proof of my dad's death, just his name and the name of the funeral home (thank god for this as I had nothing I could have given them!)

Everything ran so smoothly at the airport i was truly impressed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,497)

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Air Canada is a first class airline when it comes to on time departures, maintenance and faith in pilots and crew. However, having flown on Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific, the service has a lot to be desired. The crew was efficient and courteous, but one did not feel that they were going out of their way to ensure a great flight experience. Sometimes it felt that they were doing you a favour in serving the meal or providing water. However, the rest of the experience was fine.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Great flight, good experience, smooth and on time. Leg room can be improved as well as food selection and preparation but ok for a flight I guess.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

on December 28 2017 we ( my husband and I) were traveling to Cancun. I checked on line the day before in the morning. We were given to different isles so I click change seats( did that often in the past) But to my surprise only few seat were available, non of them were beside each other. So I choose two different isles. But for the way back I decided to make sure we are safe( $25 each). when I was ready to departure a men seating next to me start complaining about on line check in and that his wife is seating 5 rows behind us. I ask him when he was checking in and he told me in the evening. So if the seat was available for him in the evening why I could not have it in the morning. In my previous review I am talking about seat selection nightmare with LOT. Whats is going on?!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Our flight was cancelled last minute at the gate and were told to go to the customer service desk. However, upon arriving there, we were told to just go retrieve our luggage because the agents would not be able to help us and that we would have to call their customer service line to reschedule our flight. We were then given a card with a phone # to call to book another flight and to also book a hotel at a discount. However, upon calling the phone agent, we were told that because the cancellation was not their fault, they could not provide accommodations, even at a discount. We were also told that there would not be another direct flight out until 2 days later, although upon checking the internet, we saw that there were many other direct flights for the next day, with other airlines. The phone agent then told us that that they could not book us a flight with another airline, and that we would have to go back to the airport and speak to the desk agent. All the agents gave us different information and seemed clueless, uncaring, and unhelpful! Because of this airline's stupidity, we all lost out on a day's pay and had to drive down from Toronto to Newark so that we wouldn't miss out on another day's pay. Upon arriving back home, we found out that a friend also went through a similar experience previously with this airline. NEVER take AIR CANADA!

1  Thank yjahn2