“Not much help airlines”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 18 October 2017

From LAX to Montreal, and from Toronto to LAX, a flight of some 5 hours, you're given nothing more than coffee/tea, water or soda but are given the chance to buy food. To and from Paris you're given ear phones which have the same jack as any other set such as for your iPhone or iPod but on the 5 hour flights, the jack is completely different forcing one to either pay for their ear phones or watch movies without sound. I understand having to pay for ear phones if you don't have a set, but deliberately having a jack different from what is common so that one is forced to pay for it if you want sound pisses me off.

We were NOT told US citizens would be going through customs in Toronto or that connecting passengers would be going through another search train prior to customs (why does a passenger even have to go through another search train if you're on a connecting flight? A question for Toronto airport's incompetent security I guess). When the line backed up at the security search train because they had only one train open of the five I could see (initially they had a second but it promptly broke down...according to one of their folks, there was no airline personnel to help process their passengers first so that they didn't miss their connecting flights (security should have done this as well). Then, to add insult to injury, my wife was tagged by the airline for a random search.

Lastly and this is minor, the pilot seems to feel it necessary to interrupt your movie or music seemingly every 15 minutes or so to give you info or update you or announce some charity or sale of duty free items...far more than I've ever experienced on any other airline.

The air crew staff were pleasant, food was adequate, but there are not enough restrooms for a plane of this size.

All in all, it's another reason not to fly because the benefits are not worth the increasing hassles the airlines and security (all of them) put you through.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank David D

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This airline was terrible. Announced that they were overbooked and asked for volunteers. They then pulled 45 people off the flight with no explanation. Announced they would not leave the terminal until 3 more people got off the plane. We sat for 1 and a half hours with no explanation. They took off after two people got off the plane. Later we were told that due to headwinds the plane was too heavy. We missed our connecting flight. They told us they gave no compensation for room or food. Said they could not find our luggage, and said we were booked on a flight the following day, which we found out was overbooked and we did not have seats. United took care of us, got us seats and found our luggage. Felt like dealing with a third world airline. Never again

• Food and Beverage
4  Thank 93108PG
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Long story-but got bumped involuntarily to standby despite having already reserved seat assignments through Travelocity and despite having already checked on our bags.
Laughably the seat assigned on a later flight in fact had no cushion on the assigned seat-just a metal frame-removed for cleaning but not replaced. We had to complain and wait and only got a real seat type of seat because someone didn't make the flight.
Comical and unpleasant incompetence

3  Thank davidrsc0tt
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Broke my bag on flight to. Went to claim center they said they would take care of it when I got home. Went to my return flight and theybsaid bag was too damaged to use. They offered me no solution but to buy a new suitcase or leave my items behind. I called call center and they told me to bring it or send my bag 7000 kms away at my cost. I am horrified and so sad I was forced to biy a new bag or leave all my souvenirs behind.
Also learned today that air Canada is not candian at all. They are based out of india. I couldn't get anyone on the phone that could speak English or understand me. Never ever again will I fly with aircanada

3  Thank NataleeDarrickBouman
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The plane Air Canada uses on this flight has more leg room than any economy seat I've flown, and I've flown quite a few. The crew was very attentive. Also in Vancouver, I was ushered into the express customs line because I use a cane. The AC crew also helped me load my suitcase onto the conveyer, without being asked.