“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Air Austral

Reviewed 21 March 2018

It was our first time flying Air Austral, overall very satisfied with their performance, facilities as well as with food and beverage on offer. Tickets were priced moderately and facilities provided were adequate for the 6 hour flight time.
we flew Chennai to Reunion( Boeing 737), had a couple of days stay at Reunion then
Reunion to Mauritius (Boeing 777) ; the Mauritius to Reunion & then Reunion to Chennai.
All 4 flights were pleasant and on time arrival and departure.Only downside was one air stewardess on our return flight from Reunion to Chennai was rather rude. She served us Veg-food when we clearly asked for Non-veg food. She insisted she has no more Non-veg food left only for us to find she was serving Non-veg food to the french speaking passengers. when confronting her, she was rather rude and insisted either we have veg food or don't have any at all.
Apart from this isolated incident our flights with Air Austral were pleasant and all the other air stewardess were friendly and had decent knowledge of the English language considering they are primarily a French speaking crew .

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Flight 11 hours Paris to La Reunion, Saint- Denis. Flight was punctual, packages were on place with socks, eye cover mask, ear plugs etc, with fleece blanket. Food was ok - air plane food. Unfortunately my friend is a vegetarian and there were problems with booking a veggy meal for her. We thought no problem, they sure had some in stock for just such a case. Stewardess we addressed to bc of this, either didn't want to understand the problem or doesn't like tourists who don't speak French. Very bad English, with hands and feet and little French she admitted finally having understood the problem. Eye rolling she left sourly for the veggie food. Unbelievable... never have I met such a disgruntled flight attendant. Same thing happened to me! Same flight attendant gave me coffee without cream although I expressly and loudly said with cream. I had to cry out loud to ask for cream again, since the first time she didn't seem to hear. Eye rolling so I imagine she turned around giving me attitude and practically throwing me the cream in my lap.
its human nature to dislike something just bc of a tiny thing - but its true, this attendant kind of ruined my flight and my friends' with air austral.

1  Thank LindaVictoria10
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Very nice trip with very good service. The air hostess were very polite and helpful and provided all our needs

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Read a lot of negative reports on Air Austral, but was pleasantly surprised at the flight, excellent service , friendly crew, nice seats with leg space unlike many other airlines where seating is cramped. Punctual arrival. Airline served good food.

1  Thank InderJitS104
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

First time travelled by air austral..very welcoming,friendly,caring,attentive crew members..will travel again with them

1  Thank ahmadoumi