“Day Of The Dead Oaxaca Mexico”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was a fascinating holiday!!! Guide Sid and Driver Hector were brilliant. I've tried to get on this tour for 3 yrs. It was most cultural, spiritual and emotional. Don't worry there was plenty of fun! The Hotel des Marques was located right downtown by the Market Square. Couldn't ask for better. I chose to go with roommate and she was great. All the parades, cemeteries, archealogical site, petrified waterfall, Cypress tree in El Tule. The cooking class in a chef's home was wonderful. Stay away from to much Mezcal!!! I highly recommend this tour. Get your face painted and have fun. It also was a safe area. If you haven't seen the Disney movie Coco, you should. It'll explain alot about Day Of The Dead.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,532)

Reviewed 13 November 2018

My colleague and I had been in Quito for a week and a half attending meetings and had four flights to get home - two with Aeromexico, and then two with our own international airline. Our problems started when the staff member at the check-in desk didn't seem to know what to do with our passports or with our booking. After much peering at my passport and flicking through the various pages she went off to talk to another staff member. After much discussion they returned, and eventually (after at least 15 minutes) she printed out our bag tags - which covered all four flights home - but insisted she was only able to give us the two Aeromexico boarding passes and that we would have to check into our next two flights at Houston. Perhaps this is something my travel agent should have been aware of, but I've flown internationally fairly often on a variety of airlines, and have never not had my boarding passes issued all the way through. We ended up having to call our travel agent on their after hours number, and they contacted our other airline, who agreed under the circumstances to allow her to check us in online herself, otherwise we would have missed our connection out of Houston. The two flights themselves were disappointing in various ways, including the poor food, lack of inflight entertainment on one leg, and inconsistency regarding boarding times that led to us nearly missing our second flight. To add to that when we got to Houston and tried to check our bags in again with our own carrier we were told that they did not have our bags on their system, and had to replace the bag tags. Goodness knows whether our bags would have ever made it out of Houston otherwise!

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank Pip G
Reviewed 13 November 2018

Plane was okay.

Services were below my average total experience.

Awkward moment : Asked for glass of whiskey, and they gave tequilla

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank sanghaseo1
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

My flight from Chicago was good, but checking in was more difficult than any other airline I've flown. First the app didn't work to check-in which wasn't a big deal, but then the kiosk wouldn't let you pay for bags. This meant standing in 2 separate lines and some confusion as nobody could help with the issue.

Flying out of Mexico was a disaster. It took over an hour to get boarding passes and check bags. First we stood in line and got to the front only to be told we had to go to a separate line to pay for bags. Then after we paid for the bags, went to the line we were sent to only to get to the front and it not accept our information. The man working talked to somebody in a separate area and told us not to stand in line just to step to a specific counter number. We got to the counter and the lady got mad and tried to send us and another couple who were sent at the same time to the back of another line, luckily the same man helped again and somebody helped us. This was the longest it's ever taken me to check-in ever. Then when I got on the plane the flight attendant Alejandra told me there wasn't space for my carry-on and when I asked her what I should do she looked at me like I was stupid and turned her head, so I had to wait for another attendant to help me. When it came time for take off the air conditioner started leaking on the passenger in the middle Alejandra came and gave her a paper towel and didn't even offer to move her even though there were multiple empty seats. After we got in the air and it was still leaking another attendant moved the lady who was having water leaked on her.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank Crystal J
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

We flew from Buffalo to Cancun on a flight that was Aeromexico operated by Delta. It was a giant headache. When we checked in they had no record of us. Then found us but said they only had us going to our connecting city, nothing to Cancun. Then found the second leg by calling someone at Aeromexico. Then the guy tagged my bag, I watched it print out saying only Detroit (our connection), he chucked my bag on the belt despite my yelling, please stop my bag doesn’t say Cancun on it. Then he promised to go downstairs and re-tag it, which he did despite trying to fake me out/give me a panic attack by procrastinating about it. Nice flight to Cancun worrying that my bag wasn’t going to make it. We were told to check in at the gate in our connecting city to get seats to Cancun. And guess what, more issues- and the Aeromexico desk wasn’t open because it was too early. SUCH A HEADACHE. I will never fly Aeromexico again.

Date of travel: October 2018