“Efficient Lower Cost”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flight was uneventful. Some entertainment available. Food was not very good. Seats were not very supportive for the 4 hour flight. Probably good enough for the cost.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,074)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Yesterday I traveled from Mexico City to New York, with my partner. We had to do a stop there from Cancun. As we waited for our connecting flight, we sat around with no information at all. We kept looking at the screens , our phone apps, and still nothing. Our flight was supposed to fly out at 11:55 p.m., and at 11:00 p.m. we still had no information! When we looked around, we noticed the boarding gate was assigned. We stood on line, and at about 11:20 p.m., they changed the gate. We all had to run out to the new gate. By this time it was close to 11:35 p.m. and we still hadn't boarded, so it was obvious our departure time was not going to be 11:55 p.m.anymore. With the change in gate, we rushed over to the new gate and ended up being right in front of the line to board. As we waited in the boarding line, an employee came and stated that the plane had no space and that I needed to check in my bag. I was so confused as to how a plane could be full, when we hadn't started even boarding yet. I stated that I did not want to check in my luggage being that it met the requirement to be a carry on (I verified sizes). He said, "well you will have to, I'll be waiting at the door when you get there". As we are finally boarding (SUPER LATE) we saw him asking other passengers to check in their bags. A group of passengers refused to check in their bag. After some debate, he allowed them to proceed with no incident. When it was our turn to board the plane, he began to tell us that we had to check our bag. My partner kindly asked if he could check the plane for bin space, the Aeromexico employee stated, "you are not the authority here". He continued to be rude towards my partner by telling him, "what makes you so special, this is not about wanting to, it's about having to check it in". He also said his backpack did not fit under the seat (although we had just came off of a plane where it fit with no problem). As we proceeded to the aircraft entrance, in an attempt to take my partner's luggage away from him, the employee aggressively grabbed the luggage my partner was carrying onto the plane. After a brief struggle, the employee finally let go ad we proceeded to board. He told one of the flight attendants that we refused to check in our bag. The flight attendant began to threat us saying that we had too much luggage (meanwhile we had a carry-on bag and a personal bag each). She said we had to check in one of the carry-ons because as a pair, we were only allowed one carry-on. The flight attendant was looking for ways to justify her harassment by telling us that we were not allowed to have a personal bag if we were in the emergency exit (which we were not). She continued to threaten us by saying that we would have to pay a fee if we decided not to check in our bag. As we continued walking towards our seats, the first employee, in a threatening tone, asked us for our seat number. We provided him with the seat number and proceeded to our seats. When we were all seated, with our luggage properly stored, he came onto the plane as if to check if we had complied. The treatment from Aeromexico's employees was atrocious. The threatening and aggressive manner in which the employees treated us was unacceptable. We will NEVER travel through this airline ever again! It is a shame that Delta is affiliated with this airline. It makes me question whether I should travel with Delta in the future as well.

1  Thank Wandaly P
Reviewed 5 April 2018

All my tlavels so far have Been in this airline incliding internacional fights with no complaint so far

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had the luck to get the upgrade to premium class because the flight was not full, to be hones this clas only offers a little more space, no difference in the meal, so paying more for an upgreade un Aeromexico must be tought. I know this because some flight offer the Bussines class but you only get an orange juice or water before taking off and during flight, if you are a wise traveler you might know the flights that really give the bussines class a bigger lunch and drinks and if you are even wiser the really, really busssines class has a menu froma a cheff, dessert big seats. And Aeromexico its the only local flight in México that has classes.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was a short trip. Good flight. Flight staff very accommodating. An uneventful flight which means it got us where we needed to go on time with comfort and no drama. The way I like it.