“9.5 hours of hardship”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We travelled to Orlando in March for a family occasion and from the start we had a bad experience with Aer Lingus. As a former Gold Circle member I was really disappointed with the service from the cabin crew. We had our 20 month old daughter with us. I had specifically booked the bulkhead for the bassinette so she could sleep. When we checked in we were first told our baby wasn't booked which was rectified by ground staff but then to be told that the bulkhead was gone. To our amazement when we boarded we found a family seated at one bulkhead with all teenagers. So we spent the next 9.5 hours trying to contain our child in the most cramped space. The cabin crew were very rude and nearly trampled my child a few times. Overall this flight was a disaster.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,791)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A special
Family trip to New York deserved the extra cost of a trip in the front of the plane. It may cost so much more but the benefits are so good. Fast check in with almost no baggage restrictions. First class lounge followed by instant boarding.
Excellent staff looking after you and full recline seats and good in flight entertainment. The food was top class and very well served.
I’m a big Aer Lingus fan and yet again they didn’t let me down. Flew out in a 757 and home in a 330 which is much bigger. Flight home so quick- 5.5 hours that we hardly had time to do everything!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Aer Lingus Regional Plane is an ideal way of getting to Kerry in less than an hour, avoiding the overwhelming traffic on the M7 or the repair works on the mainline railtrack. It cost almost the same as the train. I enjoyed both flights. Unfortunately I missed the wonderful view of the Irish countryside due to the cloudy conditions.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My daughter and I took Aer Lingus on our holiday to Dublin and, really, what a great flight. While we were in economy, our seats were clean and had plenty of legroom, great in-flight entertainment and very helpful and friendly staff. We also ordered special meals, as we are vegetarians, and it arrived fresh and hot and really quite good (you can't always say that about airline food!). Should our travels allow, we would absolutely take Aer Lingus again,

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Flown with many airlines and without a doubt Aer Lingus are my favourite economy Airline. The seats are spacious, comfortable and clean. The coat hook it excellent. The staff are typically friendly and seem genuinely happier than another known economy airline that operates in Ireland and the food and beverages are top notch when it comes to aeroplane food. I flew knock to Gatwick recently and it was the most relaxing flight in years. A+