“Not as nice as it used to be!”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was the first flight with Thomas Cook for a few years and it has drastically diminished in quality since then. The food on offer is much smaller in portion size and little choice. We paid extra for the 6 seats to be together and for extra leg room which we did not get for some reason. You now have to pay for everything including extra TV channels which used to give you a lot more options. I think £5.00 per head was despicable. There were not many programs to watch and only 1 episode of TV sitcoms. For a 9 hour flight this was not professional. You were given 1 bottle of water for the whole flight and when tea and coffee was provided with your meal there was no offer of a refill. Our grandchildren were extremely dehydrated. The staff were quite abrupt and less tolerant when trying to manoeuvre a 6 year old to the toilet. We were very disappointed with this outward flight which was their first time in an aeroplane. The flight seemed all about generating income than making people happy and encouraging them to fly again with Thomas Cook.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Mike S
Write a ReviewReviews (9,092)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Booked through Thomas cook with my family 5 children 2 adults. On the night before we where set to fly home we got back to the hotel to find that our room was flooded from the room above us, we had water pouring down from the ceiling into the bedroom and bathroom, I rang Thomas Cook to be told there was nothing they could do, our cases where packed and filled with water and all of our belongings where damaged, we also didn’t have anywhere for us to sleep, the hotel was full and when I explained to Thomas Cook we didn’t have anywhere to sleep for the night, they said “there’s nothing more we can do, the hotel manager has said he has mopped the room” I explained the mattresses where wet, water was pouring down into the room from the ceiling and that it was 2 am in the morning and that we didn’t have anywhere to sleep. Thomas Cook wasn’t interested. Other holiday makers offered us lilo’s to sleep on in there rooms for the night as Thomas Cook didn’t offer us anything. The next morning we went back into the room which obviously smelt damp and still had water pouring down from the ceiling.
When we got home I sent a complaint for the service we had received from Thomas Cook for them to offer us £200 off of our next holiday, they didn’t listen to me when I explained they had left 2 adults and 5 children without anywhere to sleep and they didn’t seem to care about what had happened to us. As you can expect I will not be booking with Thomas Cook again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Average flight , nothing more than you’d expect from economy class , sardines packed in as usual , flight day and times were changed several times

1  Thank fibifeo
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I flew on an Airbus, the one with the 5 loos in the middle of the plane which you access from a spiral staircase..I was not impressed, many had to use the handrail to climb the stairs....and I believe that a lot don't wash their hands afterwards :( ...other than that a decent flight with OK food, although I wish there was a way around using so much plastic on board..perhaps we could all take our own cutlery ! I've noted leg room good because I am only 5'2'' ! I've given very good for TC as I was refunded a flight to Havana which didn't take place, due to £ rate I was £16 short but TC either offered to return to my bank or send me a £30 voucher off my next holiday, and it was quick and professionally handled.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

i travelled with a family of 5 and given 6kg hand luggage allowance thats it everything else we had to pay for. I cud understand if it was a cheap flight but i paid 350 per person. All major airlines give 30 kg allowance per person for that price and in-flight meals. I cant believe thomas cook behave like a budget airline and charge prices that are not budget at all! This is a double whammy and literally taking the mick out of customers! Whats more annoying is i had to purchase extra luggage on airport because i was over by 0.5 kilo on some! some would say but u wer told! Airlines like Emirate, Etihad for example i paid 350 to go dubai inc in-flight entertainment, top class food and beverages, 30 kg allowance plus 5kg on hand! Thomas cook airlines bases its business model on customer making mistakes and knowing that they will require extra luggage where they can get every extra money they can!! disgracefull!!

1  Thank Imran a