“Good in-flight but hidden costs if you are trying to book seats online”
Review of SpiceJet

Reviewed 18 September 2018

While booking my flight - SpiceJet with its strong performance and good reviews became my defect choice for the airline.
My experience is as below.

Booked through an aggregator (I think it was cleartrip) Logged in to SpiceJet once I had a PR and tried to webscheckin. Here is where the fun started.
"Web check-in begins 48 hours before the flight’s departure time. It closes 2 hours before the departure time". For a flight booked in 2 months in advance, I now needed to set a reminder to reserve my seats 48 hours in advance. @SpiceJet - please open the webcheckin as soon as a flight booking is open!

Cut to 48 hours: God forbid if you are accessing the website through the phone - scrolling freezes! Unfortunately I was travelling in a bus and then had to borrow a laptop to book the seat. Surprise - only the middle aisle is not charged. Rest is charged. Was not expecting this. Indigo / Jet also charge for seats but nothing like this. Paid for the seats through the website and somehow the screen went blank. Luckily was able to log in and retrieve my tickets.

Flight Day: The on-ground staff is very courteous and very very friendly. For a 5 am flight, they were cheerful and trying as much as they could to help the passengers (Unlike Indigo, who behave as if they are doing a favour). Hostess and Stewards were very friendly and put a smile on my kids face. Loved their attitude. When we ran in turbulence, they helped people with kids.

However I may fly them again (if they open their web check-in options) and I also liked their Max option which I will try sometime in the future.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,420)

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

We were their Priority Customers but we have not given such treatment and in Breakfast they do not have even varieties of Juices to serve and our seats were in front but no space to keep your hand luggage which they have accommodated somewhere else

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I am like a frequent flyer of this flight from Pune to Dubai. I always pre book meals and enjoy the real delicious hot meal with a chilled beer. I enjoy.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The checkin counter could use some discipline enforcement to make sure that passengers don't jump the queue (line). Additionally, if you have purchased priority checkin service, then you should get priority service. Web checking baggage drop wait was less than priority checkin.

On board staff were very nice and the food served was ok (you have to purchase the food and the vegetarian cheese cucumber and tomato sandwich was decent but not great).

Overall though on the Q-400 (turboprop), I'd probably say SpiceMax is not worth it.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Hassel free flight! They played some good music before take off while the passengers were settling in! The staff was courteous to offer drinking water during the wait time. Take off was on time so was landing, slightly before time. They were courteous to offer me emergency exit seats, which have slightly more legroom than the other seats for free.

overall, a good flying experience with them always!

Date of travel: June 2018