“Another good flight with Virgin.”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 August 2021

We booked with Virgin as we had the cheap flights subsidized from the government to get people travelling again to support the airlines.
Booking online with Virgin Australia is very easy. When getting to the airport, check in was simple with the self serve kiosk and then lining up to check your bag was very easy as well. We were checked in and through security quickly.
The flight was boarded on time, we left on time and got in 5 minutes early. It was a little bumpy coming into Hobart due to some clouds but nothing to bad.
Service on board was good. Tea coffee and biscuits are complimentary but you can purchase from their food cart but need to pay with card (no apple pay though).
Pricing a little expensive but that's expected. You can take your own food on the plane, just make sure you follow the biosecurity when getting into Tasmania.
The plane was a Boeing 737-800. Nice and clean. Seats a little tight but the flight is only 2.5 hours. It was clean.
Make sure you download the VA entertainment app on your favored mobile device prior to getting on the plane if you want to watch something on the flight.
I highly recommend Virgin Australia, good service from start to finish.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (11,550)

Reviewed 20 July 2021

booked a last minute ticket online.

no issues booking the ticket.

self check in at the airport was ok , but better to deal with a human, as was the case on the return flight at Broome airport.

boarded early for departure and return flight , and arrived at the destination early both flights.

plane was clean and as comfortable as can be in economy class.

there was no food supplied on the flight , but was only 2.5 hour flight , so took my own food from the airport.

would be happy to fly short haul with Virgin again

Date of travel: June 2021
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 13 July 2021

Virginaustralia.com can you please explain why a flight that departed 5 minutes early and is arriving 35 minutes early couldn’t hold the gate for 1 minute (still 9 minutes prior to departure) for someone who had checked a bag and was therefore obviously in the airport? This is absurd- I can’t remember the last time I haven’t been cuing to board with 9 minutes still left to departure!! To top it off I have been waiting on the phone for over an hour since the customer service in the airport can’t seem to provide any customer service at all. Horrible customer service all around. My last flight with you I simply wanted to changed the flight (happy to pay). Had to wait over an hour on the phone. Learn to adapt to the changing times without screwing your customers.

1  Thank nicolemA4579VS
Reviewed 11 July 2021

For the first time in my life, I have been travelling by wheelchair, The Virgin team took care of me, right from the time of my arrival at the airport. The team went out of their way to make things comfortable, right up to the time of my arrival at Melbourne Airport, including collection of my luggage. I do not like feeling dependent, but the Virgin crew went out of their way to make my trip as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 9 July 2021 via mobile

After footage of their baggage start throwing around luggage was posted on the Internet, they started gaslighting abusing and threatening me. On another occasion one of their staff members told me to call out for a woman whose attention she was trying to get. I called her out and the woman kept walking backwards and forwards, I called again and the woman started to move towards the staff member and then moved away. I smiled and the woman became extremely volatile and started screaming and swearing at me. I reported this to the staff and other witnesses were present and I was told by the stewards to complain because staff should never have asked me to try to get a passengers attention. I wrote to the surgeon to complain and they did this bizarre twisting narrative blaming the whole situation on me, claiming that the woman never swore and screamed, the staff never asked me to get her attention and somehow I was the instigator and provocateur. I find this airline completely evil and repeated emails trying to set the record straight were met with increasing malice and hostility by virgin.

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Value for money
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.