“WAY TO GO!”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Being able to fly direct between Perth and Hobart in just over four each way is very convenient. The fare is very affordable, the in-fight service is great and the on-board crew are very oblilging. I will continue to use this service often!

Date of travel: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11,550)

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Best airline is Australia - 1000 times better then qantas. I would rather push a car out of petrol - up a hill - then fly qantas.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank davidcF1411ZN
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I chose virgin because of the price if I had waited qantas fare came down in price and for the extra $$ I would fly qantas
Nothing wrong with virgin just lacks the little extras that qantas have on the late night flight
No rug or pillow (I suspected this so took own little pillow) it was cold on the plane even though I had a light jacket on
The food service was average compared to Qantas’s little extras

I would still travel virgin but qantas would be my preferred airline cost is always the first consideration and be prepared no extras (even entertainment)
I know some flights with qantas no entertainment if flying older 737
I guess these days take your own if you want to have entertainment on flight Melbourne to Perth

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
3  Thank casa103
Reviewed 6 March 2020

I had connecting flights from New Zealand to USA. The long flight and flight attendants were very nice, but I would recommend two things. First of all, why is it allowed to have 2 x 23 kg baggage, but if you have only one with 25 kg, you are charged for extra 2 kg. Would be better if there was 32 kg option for long flights. And second, note for a customer that there is self check in / self transfer if one of the flights is covered by another company. I did not know that, I was informed about this at the airport (during booking and confirmation email did not say that). If I knew, that one of the connecting flights is self transfer I would not buy flight ticket at all, especially if there is only 2 hours time for transfer. Super stressful and disorganised. Do not write “covered by another company” if you do not provide at least something, like customer do not have to pick up big luggage, or has the boarding pass for all the flights and so on. I had to do everything at the airport with another company. Annoying.

Otherwise it was pleasant, especially the long flight and the food was nice.

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 5 March 2020

They know the flight is delayed or will be delayed but are too inconsiderate to advise their passengers. Then the staff are rude because everyone is so annoyed with them.
A simple text would allow people to reorganise their schedule

Great Company Policy !!!

Date of travel: March 2020
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.