“Socialising and study”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's been a while since I've travelled on Virgin Australia and was unsure whether the service had improved or declined. To my amazement, the service was exactly the same. Standard. Flight to and from Sydney left on time. Standard. In-flight service. Standard. Nothing to complain about and nothing to positively feed back.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,231)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We upgraded our seats to business using points as we were flying the late flight to Perth. The perks were great - a little bag of socks, ear plugs, lotion, a fun pen etc. the tablets with various entertainment options pre-loaded, as well as dinner with a tablecloth and napkin. I would highly recommend flying this way whenever possible.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Being a Platinum Velocity member I do get much better than average service with Virgin - free Ecomony X upgrades (better legroom) and first on first off with priority luggage - makes travelling for work so much easier. BUT... I'm not sure what's with the landings lately - maybe Virgin got a bulk deal on aircraft tyres and they're trying to wear them all in or maybe they have a whole lot of trainees pilots but more often that not I've been more than a little fearful for my life on approach and landing - rough 'plonk' down onto the runway, then swaying around down the strip and hard braking, then eventually they ease off and you catch your breath... anyway let's hope it's just coincidence/my bad luck and not a safety issue!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Departing a breeze, made easy by the fact that I was travelling with my 84yo mother, who they took extra special care of, ensuring she was taken on to the plane first and assisted with baggage both in departure and arrival. Cant thank the flight crew enough. Pleasant quick flight as usual and excellent landing and might add we had a lady captain who executed a terrific landing in Hobart. Well, done Virgin, see you again in June !

Reviewed 5 April 2018

When we checked in, there was a terribly long queue. Not very good at 6am was lots of cranky kids and already stressed out parents. We were not asked about our seating. Believe this....we're a married couple and they gave us seats separately at the front and the rear of the plane. Not very romantic, eh! I went back to the counter where the problem was rectified immediately which was terrific. Upgraded to Premium Economy. I'm so surprised at how small the seats are. We don't normally fly domestic airlines and the premium seating was the size of your normal Singapore Airlines seating. Was dreading the flights home but we were given Seats A & C so we had a little more room to manuveur as well.
Our ticket stated that we were to buy our own meals but when we in the air, they told us that our ticket included our meals. That was a nice surprise too.
The staff are very friendly and it must be a difficult time for them with both our flight to Fiji and back were filled with tired, cranky kids...all crammed in.
We missed our turn in the queue for landing and had to circle around the Victorian Alps which was a beautiful end to our holiday.