“Great flight”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We've travelled to Apia Samoa many times and are more than happy with the flight which is direct from Brisbane through to Apia and the crew are always great. Going over was a night flight which meant we arrived early and had the day to collect a hire car and start our checking out of the town. We found lots of changes this time.

Date of travel: September 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,403)

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I had a Canberra to Brisbane flight with a stopover in Sydney. The pre-flight administration was outstanding, the email confirmation and auto calendar updates and reminders made the flights so much easier. On arrival, the check in process at the front counter was excellent (as I only had carryon luggage). The customer service was brilliant and the staff answered my questions about a few security requirements I had even thou it was a busy period. The flight both boarded and departed late. This was a re-occurring theme with the connecting flight out of Sydney as well. The inflight service was beyond approach with the staff very helpful and polite.
Thank you to the staff and I look forward to flying again.

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Flew from Adelaide to Ballina which meant a short stop over in Sydney. Easy check in and very good cabin service during both flights. Standard drink & snack on both flights which just a nice touch. Both flights on time which is always a good thing.
Let down when my checked bagged failed to arrive in Ballina. Counter staff in Ballina provided good service in getting this sorted out and my bag was duly delivered the next day. They also made a couple of calls to check that I had got my bag. Big ticket.
However this now the second time this has happened to me when I have had short stop overs so be aware if you are traveling a long distance away from your arrival airport that your checked baggage may not be traveling with you.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 14 February 2018

going to Sydney was ok but the return to Perth was not good. Virgin changed the plane without letting us know to a short haul plane which meant there was only 2 toilets on board. The seats we got were terrible next to the toilets with constant lines and we were not seated together. It would have been nice if they had let us know and given us the chance to change our seats since we booked months prior. Did complain but didn't get anywhere.

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We have never been treated so badly by any airline whilst travelling with our 10 month old baby simply for being slightly overweight in our one piece of carry on luggage despite still having a second full compliment of luggage allowance available to us which we'd chosen not to use in order to try and keep our luggage to a minimum. Whilst nobody else on the flight had been asked to weigh their hand luggage we had been targeted for some unknown reason and then hounded by the ground crew at the departure gate who were more like a bunch of common thugs than employees of a respected airline. In front of all the other passengers we were made to empty out our cabin suitcase which resulted in having to dispose of a tin of baby formula, our sterilising kit and some nappies. When I asked for the name of the thug who was dealing with us, he simply pushed his name badge towards my face and said Go For It Buddy. Was this really the actions of an employee of Virgin Australia? We have flown with VA many times before including to the USA with our 4 month old baby at the time where they couldn't have done enough for us, but the diabolical treatment we received at Perth Airport has now ended our relationship with Virgin Australia for ever.

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)