“An Abominable Experience”
Review of WOW air

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have flown three times with WOW airlines on the same route. The first two times were positive experiences, but the last was simply abominable. On a connecting flight through Iceland, my 7-year-old daughter and I encountered a significant delay at the immigration line. When we arrived at the gate the plane had not left, but our seats had been given away, as the flight had been overbooked. The staff were unpleasant and singularly unhelpful; they offered no assistance in finding an alternative flight or accommodations. It has now been three weeks since I lodged a complaint, the first time that I have done so in my life, and I have yet to receive any response, despite multiple follow-ups on my part. While they offer a good price, I will never book with them in the future.

19  Thank Mark U
Write a ReviewReviews (8,043)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Had a trip white me wife and kits. Nice flight white a extra good service. Help use white the kits..

Reviewed 3 April 2018

THIS IS THE MOST HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR AN AIRLINE! They canceled a flight I had a month ago and STILL haven't reimbursed me. They promise me every week that I will get it but still nothing. I had flown with them before and didn't have an issue but the second something went wrong with a flight it was a NIGHTMARE. If I could give them negative stars I would.

21  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned to Montreal from vacation in Reykjavik and both WOW flights were excellent. We did have an extra wait on the tarmac to enable passengers from a Paris flight to make their connection (Winter weather issues). However I was fully understanding and appreciated the airline would do so and good to know should I ever be on the verge of missing a connecting WOW flight. No frills airline with value priced flights. Highly recommend!

1  Thank 765brendap
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Know before you go: plan to spend money on everything -- baggage, seat reservations, food, blankets, and even water -- or bring your own. If you know that every little thing will cost you or need to be carried with you, it's a pretty good experience. The leg room is especially good (and doesn't cost extra!). (No bendable head rests like some other carriers have, though; and it takes a bit of experimentation to figure out how to lean the seat back.)

Another important tip: even though we'd reserved seats together, they were changed when we checked in 24 hours in advance. We didn't think it was a big deal -- we were still in the same row in what appeared to be adjacent seats (G and H) -- but upon boarding we discovered that the seats by the window were offset by about a row and a half, and so we weren't even directly across the aisle from one another. so PAY ATTENTION when you check in. By the time we figured it out (upon boarding) it was too late to do anything. No problem on our return trip. Bring your own movies too!

1  Thank MaraisFamily