“WARNING on T&Cs - MISS SOLD flight!! Good deed was punished”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This company are AWFUL. No customer service. This relates to miss-sold flight carrier differences between FlyBe and Blue Island.

Although you pay with Fly-Be... On the very last page of your T&Cs, there is a link (in smaller font) directing you to the carrier charges with Blue Island. I did not read this as we were NOT made aware we had purchased our contract of flight with Blue Island.

Our experience: After myself and other fellow passengers mitigated a very nearly huge row at Jersey airport that Sunday evening, a good deed come at a huge cost for us and other fellow good deed passengers.

After over 3 hours of delays due to technical problems (which to date, FlyBe, ground staff at Jersey and Blue Island have different stories), our scheduled flight home was downsized and 20 passengers were going to have to re-book. I would also like to add; the weather was clear. We were also informed that our plane was used to support another flight. The 20 or so passengers were verbally informed by the duty manager at Jersey, along with all the other passengers that they would not be flying that evening. The Duty Manager then said that they would be looked after by the FlyBe reps at the terminal re-booking desks for the next available flight out (which happened to be first thing in the morning). It became apparent that some of the 20 passengers chosen comprised of a newly married couple about to go on their honeymoon and missing this flight would mean that they would miss their connecting flight. It also included a family that was about to be separated (this included children). My partner, 4 other passengers and I felt it would be the decent thing would be to give up our seats for the family and the newly married couple. This quickly eased the upset and stress on both the family and the newly married couple. We joked with the married couple “consider this as our wedding gift”. All were grateful. The Jersey airport Duty Manager said we would be looked after. At no time did he say that FlyBe and Blue Island would not be there for support and that you will in fact you will be out of pocket. Regrettably, due to the inconsistent messages between Blue Islands, Flybe and Jersey airport, I found out that my own insurance will not cover any of the costs incurred. Regrettably, the significant difference in the terms of carriage between FlyBe and Blue Island and the fact this is not clear at the time of purchase (see emails below), if we had been informed of this, then we would've certainly not have put our names forward. I personally feel punished from Flybe and Blue Island.

Upon re-booking our flight, we were amongst the last few that were fortunate enough to get the last few seats for the next morning. The others and the 4 mentioned above were not so successful. They ended up with Southampton or wait until Wednesday. It was then we were informed that any accommodation costs, travel, food etc would have to come out of our own pockets. Both Flybe and Blue Islands were not going to assist. To make matters worse, due to conflicting messages, I am unable to claim through my travel insurance.

The staff at Jersey airport were dreadful. The duty manager was unclear as there were in fact no customer service reps from neither Blue Island or FlyBe to assist with this outcome. The Jersey airport duty manager became antagonistic and said, “I’ve done this thousands of times, read the pamphlet”. Which only then made the situation worse.

Words cannot express my complete and utter upset and disappointed from Flybe and Blue Island. This experience ruined our weekend and our good deed was punished. FlyBe and Blue Island need to accept their wrong doing in how this matter was handled.

I paid my flight in GOOD faith through FlyBe. My bank statement states that I paid to FlyBe. All correspondence states Flybe. My tickets, the staff, the on board materials stated Flybe. Everything stated Flybe. My terms and conditions were with FlyBe.

1. All emails sent through, did NOT mention you are flying with Blue Island.
2. At no time was there any correspondence stating that your conditions of carriage are with Blue Islands
3. At no time did I agree or receive a contract with BLUE ISLAND.
4. At no time did I receive an EMAIL from BLUE ISLAND.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,756)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Flying to Jersey for my 70th Birthday we only had hand luggage. Because we were not given a booking number by the travel agent we had to check in at the Flybe desk

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My first ever experience of using Flybe has not been an experience I would wish to repeat. Whilst booking the flight online was pretty easy and painless, beyond that it was all pretty rubbish. As a fairly frequent traveler, I like to use airline apps where available. The Flybe app is probably the worst one I have ever used. Clunky, full of glitches & linked to an equally poor website. Now I understand that some things are beyond the airlines control and my flight from East Midlands to Edinburgh was delayed by 2 hours due to weather conditions. However, the lack of information / updates was extremely poor. Nothing in the app, a general statement on the website, but zero detail. I did get an email after I’d checked in but the timings on that proved to be wrong & not updated. Coming back from Edinburgh to East Midlands was little better. This time the delay was due to waiting for a passenger. A hour delay! Well, if I’ve booked a ticket at a specific time it’s incumbent on me to get there on time. Whilst one passenger may have been happy for the delay, a plane loads of others were pretty fed up. Once again little by the way of information / updates. Finally, to compound it all, my paid for cup of tea on board the return leg was tepid at best. I hope I’m not forced by circumstance to use this airline again. Pay cheap you get cheap. East Coast Rail for me on this trip next time.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Made a mega mistake on my part, doing everything in a hurry made the mistake of not logging our ONE bag into the hold - we always do as we cannot lift anything over head height. Sorry lesson as it cost us £40 (at the Airport). The return flight we contacted Flyby and paid £22 for the bag.
What really HACKED ME OFF, was some bespectacled 55 year old woman had a bag as carry on, that was so large it couldn't fit into the over head locker. As she was late getting on, the hold was closed, but the crew allowed the bag to be placed at the back of the plane where presumably there were empty seats.
Why was the bag (I mean her luggage) allowed through the various points prior to boarding? I forked out £62 for my mistake and she gets away with oversized luggage!!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2018

It was nicer than I expected. The air hosts were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to sit closer to the front due to medical issues.