“Hand Baggage??”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Made a mega mistake on my part, doing everything in a hurry made the mistake of not logging our ONE bag into the hold - we always do as we cannot lift anything over head height. Sorry lesson as it cost us £40 (at the Airport). The return flight we contacted Flyby and paid £22 for the bag.
What really HACKED ME OFF, was some bespectacled 55 year old woman had a bag as carry on, that was so large it couldn't fit into the over head locker. As she was late getting on, the hold was closed, but the crew allowed the bag to be placed at the back of the plane where presumably there were empty seats.
Why was the bag (I mean her luggage) allowed through the various points prior to boarding? I forked out £62 for my mistake and she gets away with oversized luggage!!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,766)

Reviewed 14 October 2018

It was nicer than I expected. The air hosts were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to sit closer to the front due to medical issues.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I flew FLYBE as my final leg from Doha Qatar on BE4502 (previous flight QR31). After specifically requesting in DOHA to have my bag tagged all the way through and having confirmation of this and even after checking with the Local FLYBE staff I. Edinburgh, my bag was still left behind.

Then despite me completing all the forms with Swissport and Swissport doing all they can to get my bag from Edinburgh, FLYBE once again failed to have my bag put on the next flight to Cardiff.

Staying in Newport meant that I wasted a trip the Friday evening 12 October 2018 all the way from Newport. Added to that my additional costs of the taxi waiting for me.

I informed Swissport that being a diabetic I needed my medication in my bag but that did not seem to phase FLYBE at all as they did not bother putting my bag on the next flight being Friday evening. So a few days without my medication.

I informed Swissport that I needed to leave the next day Saturday 13 October 2018 to London. I finally got a call from Swissport confirming my bag was in Cardiff. To make matters worse Swissport could not arrange for my bag to be sent to London.

This means I now have to pay an additional £120 plus to have my bag couriered to London.

I WILL NEVER FLY on FLYBE nor will I trust them EVER.

#poor service #who cares - thank you for nothing FLYBE

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

One and only time flying with flybe, definately not to be repeated!!!! Felt like cattle or should i say sheep??? Herded here there and everywhere. Squashed up in seats. Only two of us flying together, but no chance of sitting together without paying a fortune, both ways!!! Was bashed by the drinks trolley three times as the aisle is so narrow. Drinks expensive, not much choice in food to purchase. Wont use again.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I was very pleased with the responses from Flybe to my queries ahead of our 25 September 2018 flight from Birmingham to Lyon, both with the help I received from their telephone Customer Services, when I was needing reassurance on my baggage booking and when I had difficulty trying to check in on-line. Their system had unfortunately gone down at the 36 hour point for my particular flight, so I was advised to either do self check-in or just go to the airport desk. There were no outbound delays. The flight staff on both our journeys were fine. However, our only gripe was when there was a long delay at check-in on the return journey and frustratingly for us all standing around for about half an hour or so in a queue, no explanation was given. It was no fault of the airline when we were further delayed for takeoff because of a missing passenger! Flight and airport staff did a lot of double checking of numbers, but once he was on board, we left Lyon without any other problems and made up time on the journey. There are many other European destinations that we'd love to visit in the future that, at the moment, Flybe fly to from our local airport - Birmingham. If prices remain reasonable, we'd be very happy to fly Flybe again.