“It was my first experience flying on a smaller than usual aircraft.”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was nicer than I expected. The air hosts were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to sit closer to the front due to medical issues.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (5,747)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I flew FLYBE as my final leg from Doha Qatar on BE4502 (previous flight QR31). After specifically requesting in DOHA to have my bag tagged all the way through and having confirmation of this and even after checking with the Local FLYBE staff I. Edinburgh, my bag was still left behind.

Then despite me completing all the forms with Swissport and Swissport doing all they can to get my bag from Edinburgh, FLYBE once again failed to have my bag put on the next flight to Cardiff.

Staying in Newport meant that I wasted a trip the Friday evening 12 October 2018 all the way from Newport. Added to that my additional costs of the taxi waiting for me.

I informed Swissport that being a diabetic I needed my medication in my bag but that did not seem to phase FLYBE at all as they did not bother putting my bag on the next flight being Friday evening. So a few days without my medication.

I informed Swissport that I needed to leave the next day Saturday 13 October 2018 to London. I finally got a call from Swissport confirming my bag was in Cardiff. To make matters worse Swissport could not arrange for my bag to be sent to London.

This means I now have to pay an additional £120 plus to have my bag couriered to London.

I WILL NEVER FLY on FLYBE nor will I trust them EVER.

#poor service #who cares - thank you for nothing FLYBE

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One and only time flying with flybe, definately not to be repeated!!!! Felt like cattle or should i say sheep??? Herded here there and everywhere. Squashed up in seats. Only two of us flying together, but no chance of sitting together without paying a fortune, both ways!!! Was bashed by the drinks trolley three times as the aisle is so narrow. Drinks expensive, not much choice in food to purchase. Wont use again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very pleased with the responses from Flybe to my queries ahead of our 25 September 2018 flight from Birmingham to Lyon, both with the help I received from their telephone Customer Services, when I was needing reassurance on my baggage booking and when I had difficulty trying to check in on-line. Their system had unfortunately gone down at the 36 hour point for my particular flight, so I was advised to either do self check-in or just go to the airport desk. There were no outbound delays. The flight staff on both our journeys were fine. However, our only gripe was when there was a long delay at check-in on the return journey and frustratingly for us all standing around for about half an hour or so in a queue, no explanation was given. It was no fault of the airline when we were further delayed for takeoff because of a missing passenger! Flight and airport staff did a lot of double checking of numbers, but once he was on board, we left Lyon without any other problems and made up time on the journey. There are many other European destinations that we'd love to visit in the future that, at the moment, Flybe fly to from our local airport - Birmingham. If prices remain reasonable, we'd be very happy to fly Flybe again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time to fly from London city airport. I was extremely impressed by how easy it was to get to the airport by DLR, the entrance is a 2 minute walk from the platform. Booking into the airport was really easy with no queues for customs etc even thought we were flying at 2pm. This was also my first time to fly on a small propeller aircraft. Flybe do allow you to take on hand luggage for free and the size of you bag is good. However I had really difficulty placing the bag in the overhead locker as they have a very narrow opening to accommodate for the small size of the plane. I have to remove items from my hand luggage to place the bag in the overhead locker. As the planes are really rather small inside, only two seat on each side of the plane, the air pressure seems really close. Unfortunately I had a nasty head cold and the air pressure really affected my hearing on both journeys. For 24 hours after the trip I was deaf in both ears, which was a rather strange and unpleasant feeling. Please be aware of this is you are feeling unwell, there is very little you can to to prevent the affects. The flight and cabin crew were nice and the flight kept is scheduled flying times.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)