“Good flight but difficult to buy the tickets!”
Review of Surinam Airways

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We wanted to fly from Belem to Cayenne. These flights were not available to purchase from their website. The website is very out of date with incorrect office info. We ended up having to purchase the tickets from their Belem airport office at a good price. Rest of experience was ok - good flight (small snack, bad tea) and reasonable hosting service.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I took this flight from Paramaribo to Amsterdam and it was a 9 hr flight. The flight was full heading to Amsterdam but it was very pleasant and the flight attendants were very helpful and professional.

On my return from Amsterdam I was seated next to the emergency exit and the leg room was phenomenal. Again, the flight attendants were very attentive and pleasant.

The food was great and the cabin crew encouraged passengers to visit the pantry if they needed additional beverages.

Definitely flying with Suriname Airways again!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank GregorySukull
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My trip consisted of Belem - Paramaribo and then return Cayenne - Belem. I looked for the flights almost 3 months before and got the information that I would need to break the journey in Cayenne and wait 2 days to continue to paramaribo. This was strange but since I did not have another choice. Things got bad when the airline started to change the times of the flights and just before I left changed the day of the flight between Cayenne and Paramaribo without notice. I had to book on arrival an extra night in Cayenne and lost the reservation in Paramaribo without refund. Plus when I checked in in Belem I found that all flight go to Paramaribo with a stop in Cayenne so the 2 days I had originally booked in Cayenne were totally unnecessary.The only positive thing is that the flight were on time or in advance. Fortunately I had insurance,

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Definitely worth the airfare. For a short 1.5 hr flight we got sandwiches and the usual complimentary drinks. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful.

The seats however are cramped and legroom felt smaller than usual. The seatbelts were also a bit short. I felt like the plane seats were designed for children rather than adults. The cabin was kept at a neutral temperature so no sweaters needed.

Pilots seemed very experienced as the take offs and landing were the best I've had for quite some time. Also the cabin pressure was well regulated as I usually get ear problems which did not occur in this flight.

Most reliable and timely airline to Curacao from Trinidad.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank ChristyRampersad
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We always wanted to visit the inlands of Surinam so after a period of saving money we booked our flight with Surinam Airways. When we visited our local medical Travelclinic to be informed about the medical vaccinations we found out that my husband was not able to travel to Surinam with his medication. We were not informed of it when he started his medication so we just did not know this. My husband is not able to stop his medication so the doctor advised us not to visit Surinam without the vaccinations and he advised against visiting Surinam. Unfortunately our insurance company was of the opinion that we should have been aware of the impossibility of combining my husband‘s medication and the vaccinations, so they did not cover the costs. We visited Surinam Airways to investigate the possibility to rebook the flight to somewhere else, however because all flights of Surinam Airways go through Surinam this was not an option. Without a doubt the customer service lady of Surinam Airways discussed the situation with her manager and they refunded the tickets. What a great service!