“Be aware of luggage fees”
Review of AirAsia - Thai AirAsia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Online booking is a bit confusing. If you don’t make sure your luggage is booked you will pay as much for your luggage as your original ticket. They will not take local currency, only USD.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,454)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve used Air Asia a few times now for domestic flights within Thailand, this time we flew into Krabi and picked up a car to road trip to Ao Nang, Khao Lak and back, our return flight to Don Mueang yesterday was an absolute fiasco checking in, we realised the terminal had been changed for departure than mentioned on our tickets, on entering the domestic departures we realised that there was only one long snaking queue around the departure hall, we had arrived for check in with plenty of time to spare, we asked a member of staff if we were in the right place, she snapped and said ‘you need to get on line’, the queue moved painfully slowly, so slow that our early arrival was quickly ticking away, there was one desk open for those with check in bags, eventually a second opened, still the queue moved extremely slowly, by the time our flight was 30 minutes from take off, the same stroppy member of staff held up a sign with our flight number and shouted was there anyone for this flight in the line, we approached her and she said ‘you need to hurry’ and ushered us through the check in for those without bags. Holidays shouldn’t have to be stressful, we then had to rush through security in order not to miss our flight. A suggestion for these short haul flights would be seats that don’t recline, there is nothing more annoying on a flight of little more than an hour, with limited leg room, when the person in front dons a neck pillow and tips the seat back.

1  Thank Lindyann2013
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nov2018. I have taken this airline a number of times over the years. This flight was good as usual. Flight was reasonably on time (airborne within about half an hour of scheduled time). Ground and air staff were very friendly. I did not have any problems at all. Price of the flight was reasonably cheap, even considering that this is a budget airline. I will definitely fly with this airline again.
The aircraft was an A320-200. I am about 1.8m and my knee just lightly brushed against the buldging seat pocket in front (ie. I found that I had enough space for my legs.) The seat upright position is pretty OK (unlike some other airlines where it slightly leans forward and makes me drop my head forward), but the seat recline is too little for me.
At SIN T4, we used the aerobridge for both arrival and departure, but at DMK T1, we used the aerobridge for arrival and bus & staircase for departure.
This being a budget airline, there was no IFE (neither screen nor Wifi). Also, I did not try the food/drinks (cheaper if prebooked/prepaid before flight). It smelled good though. FrancisTLim.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good cooperative staff, variety of satanic food.seats little crowded and little leg space.excellent flying staff , did excellent landing.one luggage per person not convient, other airlines more accommodating.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

For a budget airline I found Air Asia be adequate and affordable. For the price paid you can’t really expect more than a seat with your knees in your throat.

If you are a larger person I would not recommend flying this airline. The seats on this airline are made for very small people. I am 5’5” and 145lbs and I just fit in the seat.

Be aware that most discount airlines in Asia do not offer web check in or digital boarding passes. I had five flights in Asia and was able to print my own boarding pass and bypass the check in line once.

You will most likely have to check in at the airport and they will weigh your bags. The limit for carry on is very low typically 7kg which is the weight of my carry on roller bag empty. They will make you pay at the counter and it will be upwards of $40 USD. I think this is how they make their money and can charge such minor amounts for flights. Buy your baggage weight online before the flight.

Also be aware that the airline will charge you a foreign credit card fee when booking your flight online. This was approximately $8 USD.

Overall Air Asia is like the greyhound bus of the skies. Don’t expect a lot and you will be pleased.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money