“ALWAYS EXPECT A DELAY”
Review of AirAsia - AirAsia X Berhad (Malaysia)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My brother & I was flying in to surprise my mother for her birthday! Needless to say...THE FLIGHT GOT DELAY TWICE and we missed the surprise party..My mother was devastated that both her children was not there :( Not a reliable airline if you have an important event to go to.

1  Thank saira1990
Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had bought flat bed seats on our flight from mumbai to Bali.
The flight first got delayed by 1 hour ten. Minutes for which the intimations came early enough.
But the shocker came after we reached the airport and found the flight to be delayed for another 2.5 hours.
We were shunted at the check in counter and they completely forgot the priority tag on the bags.
Food was barely
palatable and had to pay for the tea in premium class.

Needless to say it fired our first day .

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Yes, affordable prices, but do check on luggage costs before comparing prices - it may increase the price to not be such a deal.

Still affordable for me. Did have to change planes at Kuala Lumpur, which, with the way the airline works, means you have to pick up your luggage and recheck, which means have a long enough layover to go through immigration (both ends), and make sure your passport allows such (or get a visa).

Service - attendants were OK. It's no frills, which still worked fine. Meals on some legs of the flight were quite affordable (booking in advance saves even more).

Based on availability, one leg was in the roomier economy. Quiet, more space, glad I had it, even if only for one flight.

Date of travel: February 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Second time I have used Air Asia X and this time is was even better than the last. Check in on all flights was smooth, first leg of flight arrived 45 minutes early? Never had that happen before, a very pleasant surprise. All flights were on time and no delays were experienced.

The cabin crew were great and always smiling, and the check in staff were very helpful. And most importantly my luggage made it through with no problems.

I will always now fly with Air Asia X when visiting South East Asia.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My flight to Male was in the morning, and it got delayed by 40 minutes.

The flight took about 4 hours. I slept all the way to Male except when the food arrived. It would be much helpful to pre-booked the meal on flight. I did so because 4 hours flight will surely make our tummy grumpy.

soon after meal, can sleep all the way. Need to fill in the custom details on their (Maldives) small custom form. would be helpful also to have a pen with us during the flight.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)