“Vietnam Domestic Air Travel.”
Review of VietJetAir

Reviewed 24 October 2023

We used this airline from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi and also from DaNang to Ho Chi Minh. Insofar as airlines in general are concerned , we found this experience to be good. Modern aircraft , attended check in counters and flights which ran near enough to on time. For the Australian readers , this is in stark contrast to some flights I have had with Qantas and Virgin. Having said that I think they probably have their off days also but that was not an issue with us.

Date of travel: August 2023

Reviewed 23 October 2023

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! The worst experience in my life. The change the flight time in 3 hours before the flight. Connect flights was didn't change. It was totally mess, I missed my connecting flight. No compensation or smth. No excuse. On the way back was the same!! 3 hours before flight they send email with flight changes! Connection flights missing. No compensation. Ruined my holidays. If you have chance to book with another company, book with any other airline. Never use this company. They have to go to jail for what they are doing with people.

Date of travel: September 2023
1  Thank N5057FKalexv
Reviewed 23 October 2023

Flight duration 2hr 20mins. 1320hrs depart 2030hrs arrived. Reason given thunderstorm. The plane actually circled 5 times ard 20km away from the arriving airport. Didn’t inform the passengers anything until decided to land in the nearby airport which was 388km away from Ho Chin Minh. Keep updating will inform flight status & flying off in 15mins. We were in that airport for nearly 3hrs onboard waiting to refuel and told we would be updated frequently but after 30mins they said the same 15mins departure in progress. Paid a $160 for a domestic flight that flew 7 hours from Hanoi to Ho Chin Minh. Ridiculous.

Reviewed 22 October 2023

Imagine you’ve just completed a 26 hour travel day without any issues and finally arrived in Bangkok. You’re only a short one hour flight from your final destination! So exciting! But unfortunately for you, VietJet Air is the only option for your next flight, and they are about to ruin your entire day. It’s 6:45pm and the next flight to Chiang Mai is at 9:30pm. You go to the counter to purchase your ticket. They tell you that even though there are 24 empty VietJet counters occupied by staff, they will not help you purchase a ticket, you have to purchase it online.

So you attempt to do so, only to find that their abhorrent website will not allow you to make the purchase. It is now 6:50pm (this is important), you go back to the counter for help only for the staff to now inform you that you must be “within 3 hours” to purchase online. No one bothered to tell you this earlier and even though you are 2 hours and 40 mins early for the flight and could be at the gate in 20 mins, the staff REFUSES to give you a ticket even though there are clearly seats still available. So even though you are a 55 min flight from your destination, you now have to get a cab to a hotel and stay the night in Bangkok all because of the horrendous and ridiculous antics of this garbage airline.

The next morning, you head to the airport very early because you know this airline is awful and likely to cause you even more trouble. You arrive at the counter at 9:30am for your flight that boards at 11:55am. Only for the staff to tell you that now “you’re too early”. You’re either too late or too early for this stupid airline apparently. They tell you to come back at 10:30am.

At 10:30am you return to the counter, check your bags, and then the staff member says “your gate is very far away, you need to hurry because your flight boards in one hour”. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!? The staff turned me away, made me wait an hour and then told me that I should hurry because I’m running out of time and my gate is very far!

This is the WORST airline I have ever experienced. I have 3 million social media followers and will be certain to deter them from ever using this airline and it will be the absolute last time I EVER have anything to do with this airline ever again. I would rather pay double that ever see anyone that works at this airline ever again. Also, of course they airline has the worst onboard accommodations as well. I’m only 5’4” and my knees touch the seat infront of me.

Reviewed 21 October 2023

I cannot express show bad these flights were. The seat size for their international flight was substantially smaller than their domestic flights???? There is no air venting above you so it’s hot. No on board entertainment which wouldn’t be so bad but you are crammed so tight you would do anything not to think about the next 7.5 hours! Everyone was complaining. Staff don’t seem to care. Unless you love 2 minute noodles there is no food. We did 5 flights on total and every single flight was late and the boarding process long and painful Never again, I’ve flown all over the world and these guys make air Asia look fantastic!

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.