“Good News - Not so Good News”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've flown JFK-ORY for three or four years, on Air France's daily service (one plane, round trip daily). AF cancelled the route at the start of this year, and for me, flying into ORLY instead of CDG saves me a couple hours minimum, upon arrival and departure.

Level listed the Newark - Orly flight, so I figured why not. Pricing made the experiment even more attractive. AF prices were constantly increasing, I'd last paid close to $3000 RT for a Business Class flight. Great service, but getting pricy.

Level sold the Premium Economy seat for $1100 (I paid $100extra in that price to get to select my seats when I purchased the ticket).

So, the GOOD, is that the seat on the return was as advertised, with adequate leg room, adequate recline and food and drink included in the price. The premium section is configured 2-3-2, and is equivalent to what we used to get for coach seating 20+ years ago. The food was airplane food, served on attractive cardboard. We were offered three or four choices of entree and red or white wine, assorted soft drinks water & coffee.

The Not so Good news: On my Newark - Paris flight, the airplane we took was not the LEVEL A330, instead it was a charter plane, configured 2-4-2 with barely adequate legroom for a short person. I'm 6'2", and I had both knees replaced last year, I NEEDED THE EXTRA LEG ROOM. Service and food were same as the return, but the premium price I paid for space was not delivered. NOTE that I wrote to Level upon arrival in Paris, they've ignored me so far.

Level cancelled my originally booked return flight, maybe 10 days before departure, and rebooked me on the next day's flight. OK, an extra day in Paris, BUT I'd selected the flight the prior day to allow me to attend an important meeting. OPPS, that did not happen.

The flight was no where near full in either direction, so the cabin crew said "Take a whole row if you like" when I asked them about the equipment change, which would have been good but even with arm rests folded up, there are protrusions at each seat space.
precluding stretching out.

I'll note that the cabin crew was friendly and helpful, and apologetic about the equipment changes. Nicer than Business Class crew on United, if that gives you any sense of nice or not nice.

I may try LEVEL again, or I may put up with a 1-connection flight to return to JFK-ORY via somewhere in Europe.

Date of travel: January 2019
2  Thank chasinUpstateNewYork
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, great to hear that on our plane you had a positive experience.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, we had an operational issue and took the decision not to cancel the flight and so used another aircraft to get you to your destination. This is clearly not our preference. We are really pleased to hear that the crew made such a positive impact.

Please contact us, contact details are on our website.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My experience with LEVEL was pleasant. They are the discount carrier of Iberia, and sell "unbundled" airfare. Seat selection, meals, drinks, and checked bags cost extra.

I booked my airfare with Iberia's iOS app. In this case I purchased two one-way tickets. These were at the rock bottom fare.

Prior to my outbound departure I received an offer to upgrade to Premium at a reasonable cost. My seat was 1L. This seat has a leg rest that extends in addition to a foot rest that pulls out from the seat. Entertainment is stowed in the armrest. Noise cancelling headphones were given to me after takeoff and had to be returned prior to landing. The upgraded included a meal that I didn't eat; I wanted to use the opportunity to sleep during as much of the flight as possible. The premium cabin was maybe half full. Overall the premium seats are a considerable set up from economy but they are not as good as some carriers such as Norwegian.

On the return I also upgraded and had seat 2J. The seats in rows 2 and 3 do have a footrest from the seat in front. They do not have the extending leg rest that the first row has.

The entertainment screen is fairly large but the selection of movies and TV shows to be minimal. The flight info shows distance traveled and flight time remaining. It does not have a moving map.

I did sit in an economy seat. It had roughly the same amount of space as most A330 aircraft, which means a very lightly increased seat width compared to most of the Boeing 777 and 787 seats today.

• In-flight Entertainment
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for great comprehensive feedback, hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 February 2019

Everything was more than fine. Flights on time, comfy and clean plane, great staff, delicious food, movies selection was great.

• In-flight Entertainment
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks Antonio excellent to hear, hope to see you on board again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2019 via mobile

On both legs of the flight, WiFi didn't work. This malfunction means that its not possible to order food and drink via the screen in front of you. Despite previous responses by the airline, drinking water is not provided free of charge (we asked in advance and were told we would have to buy water if we had not ordered a meal). The entertainment offered was good. And the flights were on time.

1  Thank max87996589
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are really sorry that the WiFi onboard didn't work, hopefully you got to ask one of our lovely crew to serve you. There is water available for you to help yourselves to in the galley areas. We are surprised you were advised water was not available free of charge without a meal, please let us know which team advised there was no water to make sure future customers get the right information.

Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

I fly with them and have been 4 days and I have no idea where ni baggage is! I tried to contact them in different ways and still no answer... I had to buy clothes and personal items.... I don’t know what else to do.... but they didn’t hesitate in charge over weight.... in desperate and they don’t give me any solution.

1  Thank Carolina B
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Caroline B, really sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact us via the phone numbers on our website.