“You get what you pay for”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 12 January 2019

After reading copious amounts of negative reviews of this airline across multiple platforms I felt compelled to chime in and share my own experience. Before boarding I obviously set the bar really low, so much to the point where I was very nervous for my roundtrip flight I took From Newark to Orly.

My overall experience wasn't terrible. I was transported from my intended location relatively on time and safely. But you really get what you pay for, and that is the bare minimum. If you want luxury you should be flying on a more expensive and reputable airline, it's really that simple. You should not expect to be pampered on an international flight that costs less than a night's stay at a nice hotel. I honestly would've given this trip 4 starts but there were enough things that pissed me off to weigh the price against the experience as incredibly average.

I'll start with the positives. The plane is brand new and the seats are actually comfortable. Since it's a discount airline I didn't expect to have any leg room but I'm 6'1 and I was fine, if you're tall I would suggest paying the extra 20 euros for an isle seat though. Each screen had movies a usb port and an outlet so that was great.

Here are the negatives; obviously the customer service is terrible. The flight attendants only came through the isles once and it was to try and sell duty free cigarettes and alcohol. After waiting for a flight attendant to come around for literally an hour, I went to the back of the plane to get a coffee and the two flight attendants were sitting there on their phones. BUT I knew going into it that the customer service was terrible so I came prepared with food and drinks. I don't have a problem with them charging for extra stuff, it's a cheap airline I get it, just buy stuff before the flight. But as a cheap airline the flight attendants should be trying to peddle drinks and food more, not cigarettes. Also not sure if this was the pilot's fault or just mother nature but on the way back to Newark we hit really, really intense turbulence for 20 minutes straight. And I mean like dangerously intense. Other than these things though everything else went relatively smoothly, checkin in was fine, we were a tad bit delayed (30-45 mins) but once again you get what you pay for and I was expecting worse

I would probably book through Level again depending on my financial situation. You save so much money and really the fun of traveling is the destination, planes are uncomfortable. That being said though, I am a student. If I had a full time job and savings and was looking to be pampered on a flight I would probably book elsewhere. Also to give you some comparison I flew Norwegian Airlines (another budget airline) 2 years ago to Paris and it was the middle of the summer and the plane did not have air conditioning. I spent 8 hours in a tiny seat sweating my butt off with no leg room, and they lost my luggage. So yeah comparatively level was great.

I'll leave you with this, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the negative reviews you read online are the absolute worst experiences. Most people who come onto these forums to write reviews are people who want to complain. Not to say that they aren't legitimate complaints, but don't let them spook you. It's not that bad.

P.S. Level if you're reading this you should step up your response game on some of these reviews. There's zero accountability. My review was pretty positive and realistic but some of these other reviews are terrible and the way you guys respond makes you look bad.

Date of travel: January 2019
11  Thank 0smith
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Hi 0smith - thanks for leaving taking the time to leave your review. Without having specific flight details it's very hard to respond exactly to what happened on board and we ask customers to contact us directly so it can be investigated. Where we can, we pass this feedback on to the relevant teams.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 10 January 2019

Well done for offering the service, I believe this route was previously covered only by BA, however, this appears to be a budget arm of Vueling? Or shares Vuelings resources.

The quick turnaround aircraft wasn't the best. Manual boarding (so slow) and the seats quite close together (Meeting legislation, but, not the best leg room - yes - could have paid more for more room I guess - but still).

Flight crew looked like they had the happiness sucked from them.

In flight food service was cash only. I was planning on eating on this mid day flight - but - no, card machine down. Other airlines offer free water at least when such things happen.

Really didn't enjoy this flight at all.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

We're really sorry you experienced this. We'll feed this back to the relevant teams.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

When Corsair stopped the Grand Large , discount business class flight from Montreal to Paris, I learned about Level. Our experience was terrific, both ways.
-- It wasn't as posh as the Corsair flights ( no vip lounge or extra attentive in flight service) but the seats and leg room and even meals were fine.

Date of travel: October 2018
2  Thank MHeathSyr
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

The plane from Newark to Orly took off 1 hour later than the expected time and the pilot failed his landing maneuvers several times, causing nausea and discomfort to all the passengers on the aircraft. We ended up landing in Brussel instead of Orly where we waited another 1h30 in the plane with no information whatsoever. As we got out of the plane there was still no information, neither at the information desk nor on the phone. An hour later we got a hint that some buses were going to carry the 700 affected passengers to Orly. The buses weren’t even scheduled yet. Regardless, I couldn’t afford spending 5 hours in a bus because my next flight was departing in 2 hours and half from Orly to Beirut, let alone all the discomfort, frustration and indignation I went through. To top it off, the company didn't even offer any compensation.

Also don't even try calling them for claims because they dont even have that option, and the staff you get in other options on the phone just shut the phone in your face.

Dear Level I will not stop wirting about my horrible experience with you before you contact me personally.

Here is my case number 1-14346445025

Date of travel: December 2018
2  Thank Ingrid M
Reviewed 9 January 2019

Buyer beware: This airline advertises as budget airline, it is not. The cost of the ticket can be a 100 € cheaper at most, but that doesn't include 20 kg bag (extra 65 €) nor food (extra 35 €), nor things you might give for granted, like pillow, blanket, earphones, or water. I skipped the extras thinking it was your usual car and hotel rental adds, but was I wrong! My mother flew from Buenos Aires to Barcelona (14 hrs flight, purchased through Travelgenio) and was denied a request for juice or water to take her medication because "she was not on the list" according to the flight attendant. Level, you are not at the "level" for long international flights, please don`t advertise them.

Date of travel: December 2018
2  Thank Damian M

Hello Damian M, your travel agent should have advised what was included in your ticket. If that didn't happen, you'll need to feed this back to them. The feedback that we've had is that people want a choice, for example if they plan on sleeping throughout the flight, they don't want to be woken up to eat. With regards to water, there are bottles available near the galleys and your mother could have helped herself to a glass of water. Thank you.