“Acceptable considering the fare we payed.”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Level is a low cost airline and therefore you should know beforehand that all extras ( anyhting from luggage, seating to headphones,etc) must be payed for apart. The seats are not very comfortable and sort of crammed. But I guess that is what you should expect when booking a low cost airline. The only thing I want to point out is that the food that was offered, and that we had to buy, was really bad, very few options and very scarce, so much so that on our filght to Barcelona, beverages and food ran short and there was not enough to go around. On the return flight we were prepared and boarded with our own food and a bottle of water which made things easier. I strongly reccomend you do the same. The airline permits it.

1  Thank Elaine L
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Hi Elaine L. Thanks for your feedback. Our team is looking at the catering offered on board our flights to/from Barcelona and will be making changes soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

We paid the lowest fare and our economy seats were not more uncomfortable than is usual. I had forgotten that no meals or snacks were included but, fortunately, we had had something to eat before we boarded and brought a few things with us. However, I was surprised that not even water was offered to those who had not paid for a meal. In addition, the cabin was very chilly (most passengers had to pull on their coats). Perhaps it was a ploy to sell some blankets.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi KSfamily00. There are bottles of water near the galleys where people can help themselves to a glass during the flight. It is hard to get the cabin temperature right for everyone but please speak to the crew that are able to help during the flight.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

I've flown with Iberia a lot in the past and had some not so great experiences, so I was happy to skip on the amenities (meals, checked baggage) in order to cut the cost of the flight. It was great value for a direct flight and I will definitely fly Level again. There are a few things that it would have been helpful to know beforehand though:

1. Even though my ticket had a boarding group listed, on both flights the airline opened up boarding for all seats at the same time, which meant everyone ended up waiting on a very long line. It was especially bad when leaving Barcelona, as we had to get on buses and use stairs to board the plane. I bought a chocolate bar in the airport and I was on the tarmac long enough for it to completely liquefy. I'd recommend lining up early or waiting until the end to avoid most of the chaos.

2. This might have been specific to me, but I had a lot of trouble checking in online, so I was glad that I paid extra to pre-book my seat.

3. Wifi didn't work on either flight. The video selection was also pretty limited, but there were some recent releases.

1  Thank Karen A

Hi Karen A, thanks for your feedback. We've also fed back all your comments to the relevant teams.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Never in my life I've experience discrimination as Asian on any airlines in my life, but until I boarded LEVEL/IBERIA 2621. Horrible experience! Incidents after incidents, I found it hard to believe an international airline would have such unprofessional and untrained staff. As the flight attendants were selling beverages during mid-flight on my side of the aisle, I waited for my turn until one of the flight attendants were done with the other customers. We made eye-contacts and so as I begin to speak and ask for water, the flight attendant gave me a stare and pushed the cart away, as if I was invisible to her. So I thought to myself, maybe I wasn't loud enough. The second time, they pushed the cart on the other side of the aisle and begin serving my next seat neighbors, and so I waited until they finished and I spoke up "Hello, I would like a bottle of water." My treatment? Yup... angry stare at me and pushed the cart away. She saw me and she heard me, 100% positive on that part, but she decided not to serve me. What have I done other than being Asian? Nothing!

Fine. As I was exiting the flight to end my horrible journey... the flight attendants gathered at the exit door greeting all customers who are white/Caucasians with a big smile. As I walk pass them, I don't expect them to be super nice to me, but at least a goodbye? Nope. I got some really ugly stares from the flight attendants.

My husband, who stood behind me witnessed the whole thing also noticed the same trend. They are discriminating against Asians.

Note to management: Please train your staffs properly. You just landed at the most diverse San Francisco bay area and your staff do not know the proper way of treating customers of all race/nationality. This is not acceptable!

Okay, maybe one positive thing to say since I am giving this a one star. The flight tickets were cheap. And the overpriced meal was tasty. Experience of purchasing them online was chaos, as we noticed buying them individually was cheaper than buying them together. Who knew?

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi Lisa R. We're extremely concerned to read about your experience as this is not how our crew is trained. In order to fully investigate this, can you please contact us (details are on the website) or send a DM via Twitter.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Great flight from Boston to Barcelona (roundtrip) with Level. It was a bit weird to have to board a bus to get to the plane in BCN but otherwise a very typical flight. I got nervous with all the folks trying to get ahead in line but realized I had paid extra to guarantee my seats so i had nothing to worry about!

Date of travel: May 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi krisleejewell - thanks for your feedback. Everyone is allocated seats at check-in (if they haven't pre-paid) so we guess people are rushing to get on board because their excited to be going on holiday!