“Mixed feelings about this one..”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very mixed feelings from our flight experience flying from BCN to OAK in October,2018. Price was good, approx. 230 Euro for return flight p.p. I read all the conditions, knew that we would have to pay for the seats, meals, luggage etc. But at least its giving you the options to fly cheap if you travel light.

Booking was made through Iberia website, and that's where the chaos started. Price shown (after adding luggage and emergency row seats) about 620 Euro (2 people) but my card was charged 810 Euro. After calling the customer service and being hold for long time they said the system showed incorrect price for the seats and they are now 100 euros more expensive than what it shows on the website and offered a refund. It's interesting that I have never agreed on paying that and it charged me anyway. Having 13 hours long flight we declined refund and decided to keep those seats.

Check in on the way to Oakland was smooth everything was going well... on the actual flight, if you want to order something you have to put your credit card details and pay throught the system. On my meal order (22 euro) this system crashed and said payment was unsuccesful, so I had to do it again. I had received my meal and day after on my bank account I see that I was charged twice for this meal! The problem with this system is that it does not give you any proof of purchase so I am stuck here now with 2 payments with no any supporting evidence that I was charged twice. But I told myself, 20 Euro won't kill me and I am not gonna stress about it.

What I do stress about it and will take this further is that on the way from Oakland to Barcelona, our seats that we had paid 150 Euro were given to somebody else that did not pay for them just because they wanted to sit together. When we tried to sort this out at the check in they said all they can do is to ask that person if they willing to swap seats, otherwise they can't do anything about it as they can't cancel somebody seats after the boarding card was printed out. So me at the row 21 and boyfriend at the row 43, even though we paid to sit together and to have emergency row seats!

On the positive note, crew on both flights were really friendly and nice. What they don't tell you is that you can get a water for free, just ask the staff :) Also, both flights departed on time and offer of films on board was very good.

If the second flight was as smooth as the first flight, level would get more positive feedback. Other airlines launched cheap flight tickets to America so I don't think I will put myself again into such a stress as this experience put me into and rather us another airline next time.

3  Thank Babsicok
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Babisok, we're sorry you have mixed feelings about us and it was a little stressful for you. With regards to the problems you experienced as you did not book this directly through our website (flylevel.com), Iberia would have been responsible for this. With regards to your seat change and your being charged twice, please contact us directly with your flight details, booking reference, etc. and our team will investigate this for you. Sorry once again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will never fly Level again due to horrific customer service in making flight arrangements, which is a shame, because once you get on the plane, it’s a good flight experience and a great value. BUT, if you have a ticketing problem, as I and other reviewers before have, they have no way to resolve it reasonably. We booked 3 tickets directly on the Level website for my family from OAK to BCN. When we arrived at OAK, we were informed that there was no electronic ticket issued, even though our credit card had been charged and we tried numerous ways over the phone to confirm the reservation (getting forwarded to Iberia, and Vueling). Even though the counter agent spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service, no ticket issued. Even worse, while there was space available on the plane, they couldn’t sell us last-minute tickets on the flight (and work out the refund afterwards). Thus, my family had to make alternate flight arrangements on another airline to meet up with me in Barcelona (my travel was arranged by my corporate travel agent). Then, on the flight back, despite several calls reassuring that the reservation was in order, the same thing happened again checking in at BCN. This time we were able to buy replacement tickets on the flight. Then, getting a refund for such an egregious mistake was also a hassle that took weeks, and did nothing to compensate us for the hassle and heartache. I’m deeply skeptical of management responses to TripAdvisor reviews about contacting them directly—no one we contacted could solve a problem! If you can figure out a way to avoid booking problems (maybe book individual tickets instead of a group), it’s a good flight experience (hence the 2nd star), but the horrific customer service almost ruined our family vacation.

2  Thank CAFamilyRvwr
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We're really sorry that you've had this experience with us. Please contact us so we can remedy this. Thank you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

... bad service.
...and comes not even with a single pillow or a blanket for an 8(!)hour flight.
...

1  Thank Expedition825761
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The price is amazingly cheap but be prepared not to eat or drink. Lol. It’s basically a basic fare, just for the flight but you’re welcome to bring your own food! Thy won’t even offer you water! The seat is not comfortable at all but again you get what you pay for. I’ll go again if I find another cheap flight

FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your review. We hope to see you again. You can help yourself to glasses of water, the bottles of water are near the galleys.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My baggage is missing for 5th day and i still cannot gate any details or track it. The customer service is worst.. A website doesn't work or provide with misleading information. LEVEL EWR base don't have a system in place that will generate P.I.R numbers that allow to track a missing luggage. just WORST EXPERIENCE

1  Thank lucy n
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We're really sorry that your bag is still missing. Please call us so that we can help.