“Meh, not that bad. Not great tho.”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked American round trip ticket from LAX. Said they were partnered with Iberia airlines. That’s fine. Nowhere did we read that Level Airline was involved. I’ve read on other reviews that it may have said something like “American operated by Iberia for Level Spain”. What?!?! You can’t do a triple airline pass the buck booking. Further, no one knows what Level is. This was a total sneak attack to pass us off onto the budget airline. Also, you can’t book us into a budget airline from a non budget booking. That’s BS and a deceptive business practice. Really not cool. It’s like booking a rental car that says “Cadillac operated by Chevy for Rust bucket.” We thought we were on an official American or Iberian flight with things like meal and beverage service. No where on the site did it tell us that this was a total budget airline that would require us to purchase every small convenience. The day before the flight, I got an email from American telling me to check in. I tried but the site wasn’t working. No big deal I thought, I’ll do it at the airport.

Barcelona airport was a joke with check in. After going to American and Iberia check ins we are told that our flight was through Level. What the heck is Level? They directed us to the basement (not kidding). You don’t check in at the main desks. You go three flights down into a side area probably reserved for budget flyers they don’t want fraternizing with real airlines.

Everyone in line was confused and had never heard of Level. We checked in fine. No mention of paid food.

We passed through security looking for lunch only to find out that our gate was separated from the main international terminal. Our only option: Burger King. Again not kidding. If we had known any of this Level business we would have packed a meal to bring with us on the plane.

Thinking something was fishy, I pulled up Trip Advisor to read other reviews and get the scoop.

We hustled a Burger King meal and found a small kiosk selling sandwiches and chips. We stocked up as boarding started.

Boarding: oh brother what a joke. Why put group numbers on the tickets if you just do a single boarding call to get on buses? We stood in line for 30 mins only to stand in a hotbox stairwell waiting for the bus. People were sweating badly in the hot and stuffy stairwell just waiting to get on the bus that would take us to the plane. Just felt unorganized and poorly thought out.

The plane was fine. 2-4-2 setup. Seats are a little stiff but headrest was responsive and folded in nicely. The “entertainment box” was in my leg room that took up about 1/5 of the space. The legroom itself was a little shorter than normal. I couldn’t get a full leg extension. Not a total inconvenience but not great.

No pillow or blanket. No surprise once you know what you’ve booked.

The in flight entertainment system was good as far as responsive tech goes. But selection was much smaller than other airlines. I was still able to find a movie but I remember scrolling through the new releases and only seeing something like 6 films.

Food service: they roll out the carts and the attendant has a printout roll that was the manifest of meals he was to serve. He served probably 25% of the passengers that had pre-booked a meal. How they even knew to prebook is beyond me. The definitely didn’t book through the American site. We could order food on the screen but the system wasn’t working. So we had to call the flight attendant to order directly. But their credit card machine was down. C’mon guys, how can you not provide food and beverages then not be able to sell them? They eventually got it working after a few hours.

Bathroom: I went to the bathroom over the left wing. It was huge. Honestly. You could throw a dance party in there. Pleasantly surprised.

Overall this is what you’d expect from a budget airline. If I had to choose, I’ll fly something else next time. But if this flight is $300 cheaper I’ll probably take it again (and be more prepared). The lesson I learned here is to pay more attention during booking to make sure I know that I’m not falling for some sneaky tactics. I really think that was unethical. If I had known I would have taken an alternate airline as many were priced similarly when I booked.

1  Thank Mike M
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mike, thanks for leaving a review of your experience. It seems that the first part of this review is about your booking experience with American Airlines. Unfortunately, this is something that we're unable to comment on and would suggest that you speak to them directly about this. With regards to your experience with us, we see there were some positive things and some things that we can work on.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The usual low cost airline, overpriced food and drink. But a comfortable seat on a Airbus A321, formally of Air Berlin. Flight on time, dual language announcements. Not very busy flight to & frm Vienna

1  Thank Neil M

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flight was on time, actually in time. Stewards were very nice and airbus was modern and newly equipped. Fully recommend.

1  Thank Coastal798372

Thanks for the review

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Airline has cancelled our flight due to the "operational reasons", at the time we were already traveling and we had to look for alternative flight, which overpriced our trip quite a bit. Been almost a month and still no money back.
I have heard about multiple people who had flights canceled as well. Apparently Level want to start big, with lots of flights and now they are canceling them.
On a bright side one flight with them which they didn't cancel was fine, given the price we paid of course

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Marošito M
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Marošito - thanks for your feedback. Not sure where you were flying to and which flight was cancelled but please get in touch with us if you are still waiting for a refund. We're glad the other flight you took wasn't cancelled as it's never our intention not to operate our flights.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Low cost airline.
Euro 60, one way.
You get what you pay for. Fine price/value.
Ok aircraft. Airbus 321.
Many passengers with back pack. Ideally those would remove their back back from their back, during transport to plane, and in-cabin. This would imporve the travel experience for fellow travellers, and make aircraft seating faster.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank MichaelH15168