“Not reliable”
Review of InselAir

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got re schedule a 3rd time. This time, we miss our connecting flight to go home. They always change their schedule or cancel flights. Worst compagnie ever! They better give us back the money because we had to book with another company

• Food and Beverage

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked our flight several months before our trip. During this period of time, our flight schedule changed twice during that period, the last time was only a couple of days before our trip. They failed to warn us that we would have to pay a $20 fee p/p at the airport. Our plane was at least 20 years old (it was a Fokker 50). Luckily, the pilot was very experienced ant the plane took off and landed very calmly.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I have traveled to many different countries in the world and this airline is by far the worst and unreliable.

My husband and I traveled to Aruba this past week and decided to visit Boniare and Curacao as well. That was a huge mistake, the 4th day into our trip we had a flight over to Bonaire via Curacao at 8:45am and when we checked in at 6:30am they said it was delayed for 4 hours and they wont have an answer until 9:30am.

9:30am came around and Insel Air couldnt give us an update, the flight was changed to 1:30pm and within 10 mins it was then changed to 3:30pm and our flight to Bonaire would be at 8:30pm. The staff was extremely rude and didn't have any customer service skills, their favorite answer is "I don't know".

It was my birthday trip and this really ruined the whole thing for me, we had one day in Bonaire and Insel Air finally got us there at 9pm... we spend the whole day in the airport. The staff didn't care and wouldn't even provide a taxi voucher or food voucher to even get us back into town in Aruba.

If I was sure to get back my money from Insel Air I would have cancelled all my flights and booked with Aruba Air or Fly Divi.

We even had to come back a day early from Curacao back to Aruba as we had no confidence in them to get us back on time to connect to our flight back to Toronto.

They have one plane which is very dated, some parts held together with tape. god forbids something happens to their one plane.... Would give them Zero Ratings if i could.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

In fact we took to flights one after another, at the begging it wasn't very good as they changed or schedule before travelling and we had to wait almost one day in Curacao which was not expected, the first part of our trip was from Aruba to Curacao in a small old plane.

The second part was from Curacao to Sint Maarten and it was better, the plane was newer, bigger and we had something to it and drink. The only thing is that the plane and the Crew wasn't from Insel(except for a hostess), but from a Venezuelan company. The crew didn't have a great english, but that wasn't a problem for us as we are spanish speakers.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I booked all my flights between the ABC islands with Insel, as they seemed to be the cheapest option. I didn't read up on any of the reviews beforehand, until I told others I was flying with them and was warned by multiple people about their poor reputation. However, my experience was not as terrible as I thought it'd be.

1st flight - Aruba to Curacao (on a Saturday): I got to the airport 3 hours early and didn't realize that they don't open their desk until 2 hours before a flight is scheduled. I asked an Insel Air employee at the information desk who was nice and helpful who informed me of this. The check-in was quick and easy, the flight left on time, and had no problems.

2nd flight - Curacao to Bonaire (on a Sunday): they changed my flight time from 10:30am to 5:30am. I was given 3 days notice via e-mail for this time change. This was annoying since I had to be at the airport really early, but manageable. I got to the airport 2 hours early and the check-in attendant at the front desk didn't show up until 1 hour before the scheduled flight, however the airport was very empty so I went through customs and security really quickly, and the flight left right at the new scheduled time.

3rd flight - Bonaire back to Curacao (on the following Saturday): flight left on time, no issues.

4th flight - Curacao back to Aruba (on the same following Saturday): flight was delayed 30 minutes, not a big deal. Left on time at the new scheduled time.

Overall, this experience wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't the worst. You definitely get what you pay for. The aircraft(s) they use seem extremely outdated and dirty, but they get the job done since the flights itself aren't very long either (around 30 minutes each).

1  Thank EmilyP1996