“Pleasant Experience”
Review of Air Corsica

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This flight was just as pleasant as the one from Nice to Calvi. It arrived on time and we boarded on time. There was quite a long walk to the plane on the tarmac. Very hot. We boarded at the tail end. Very small steps. Drinks only are served onboard. I was so glad we did not fly another carrier as they had queued for ages and their plane had not even arrived. In the heat it was not good. On arrival at Marseille a bus was waiting in the tarmac to drive us to the building.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

It only takes an 1hr 15 mins to fly to Calvi which is a small airport. The flight was on time and boarding and disembarking were an easy affair. Passengers are required to walk on to the tarmac. We climbed up the first door but left from the tail end door. Taxis took a while to arrive. June is very hot so waiting in the sun was not good. Flight attendants are pleasant and so are airport staff.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Efficient and friendly check-in, very functional airport and an unforgettable flight on a turbo prop aircraft with rear door entry. Boarding was an interesting experience but enjoyable as we were seated in row 3 and I always try to board last if sitting in the front rows. It somewhat backfired when I realised that we were boarding from the rear of the plane. The cabin crew were extremely friendly and more than happy to chat to people on the flight and the cockpit crew were most informative. As was pointed out our departure time was 9.10 am and we would be leaving on time which in fact was the case as we taxied towards the runway 9.10 on my watch when the pilot appeared to do what I can only describe as a handbreak turn to straighten the aircraft to immediate full power take off. Once airborn we were served free soft drinks by two people who obviously enjoy their job. In as much as one of the crew didn't seem to take a breath during the whole flight and talked to almost everyone on the plane with a smile. The flight was scheduled to be 55 minutes but somehow the journey only took 45 minutes. I can only imagine this is how flying was in the 1950es, probably the most relaxing flight I ever been on. Thank you Air Corsica

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I have flown from Paris to Ajaccio and from Nice to Ajaccio (and back) quite a few times. I've always had a great service and the flights were always good.
Will use again.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

When we arrived at the airport we were told that we should have received a text message to tell us to get there two hours earlier and that we had missed the flight. There were no other flights available so we were told to make our own way home and contact the airline for a refund. We paid £100 for a hotel, £600 for replacement flights the next day back to the UK and another £100 to get back to our departure airport.

As instructed, I contacted Air Corsica to ask for a refund of flights and denied boarding compensation. They would only accept written correspondence and refused to transact by email. Air Corsica told me that they had emailed us before our trip to cancel the flight home and offer us an alternative flight. We have no record of having received this email and we did not receive any refund for a cancelled flight. I wrote to Air Corsica three times over three months and they refused to give any further response.

I contacted the French Aviation Authority (DGAC) who accept contact only by paper - no emails. They responded slowly but said they would help. After a number of contacts they said that Air Corsica had unilaterally decided that we were in the wrong and the French Aviation Authority stopped responding to my letters.

I contacted the European Consumer Centre who were excellent (all online, great at keeping me up to date with progress) but they were totally unable to help, not even being able to get a refund for the flight which Air Corsica had told us that they had cancelled.

How can you cancel a flight and not give a refund?

I can't help but think that a company registered in the UK would have been forced to at least explain why they thought that not refunding the flight that they had cancelled was OK.

This is my worst experience with an airline in twenty years.