“Good service”
Review of FlySafair

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service was pretty good with everything being handled in a friendly and efficient manner. The only slight downside is the lack of legroom, which I suppose is to be expected

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When it was announced that our pilot was female, I became concerned, not because I am chauvinistic, but because who ever flies into the East London airport has to be highly skilled as only the best are able to land a plane in the windiest conditions in the country. In the past 30 years my wife and I have flown into East London airport while the plane has been thrown about the sky by the strong winds. Twice the winds have almost pushed the plane into the ground and once at the last second the very experienced pilot had to abort, pull up the landing wheels, send the plane staggering skywards just when we were about to touch the runway. Then due to the wind he had to fly out to sea and circle for half an hour before he could return and bring us down safely. Our grandson (4 years) was travelling with us and thought that this was an amazing roller coaster ride, while the rest of us including the air hostesses needed a change of underwear. Normally when landing, the pilots bring the plane in at a fast angle and then at the last moment correct and slam the plane down onto the runway. So my concern was more that, does she have the experience and nerve to land us safely? Well, she aced the landing in very strong winds, a tribute to her skill and training. The cabin staff were excellent, attentive and helpful. Thank you Fly Safair, we will be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I actually wanted to give this airline a better rating, as their prices are very cheap and the staff are all very friendly and professional, but my average rating reflects on an experience I had on my first flight of 3 in the past month. For family matters we had to fly between Pretoria and Cape Town, Safair had the cheapest, last minute one way tickets.During the first flight we saw some sparks come out of the left engine, but the crew reassured us that the Captain says we can safely continue our journey. It was a scary flight with some really bad turbulence, but we landed safely and upon disembarking we could see a huge puddle of oil already under the engine. Apart from this scary first flight, I used their service for two more flights. On the second flight we had a medical emergency on board and it was my experience that the crew handled it very well.The third flight happened without incident, apart from the friendly crew.
The flights are cheap, but when booking online, one has to watch out for extra costs, like unclicking pre-added stuff and also limiting yourself to the 7 kg hand luggage limit. (when you get used to travelling like this, it is really great). They also want to charge you extra for choosing a seat, but by skipping this part, you can still choose your seat when you check in online - for free! No need to print the boarding pass or pay for an sms to send it to your phone, it got sent to my email, which is on my phone, so I just downloaded it and by checking in show them my boarding pass on the phone along with my ID.
I do recommend this airline and will use them again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked the tickets at a reasonable price but soon found that it was a big mistake. The initial return flights for two were R3 500 odd and by the time all was done it was an amount of R5 500 return. Not to be repeated...ever!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first experience of flying with this South African low-cost airline, on the recommendation of friends and a colleague that were familiar with it. The entire experience is seamlessly integrated, from booking online, receiving a receipt via email and being able to check in online 24 hours prior to the scheduled flight and getting an e-boarding pass on my mobile phone.

On the day of flying, the airline sends a text message 2.5 hours before take-off. On arrival at the airport, I was able to go directly to the boarding gate. The boarding passes a processed as we wait and the luggage policy helps me to be more economical in how I pack, since 7kg of luggage and a handbag are free.

The airline rightly prides itself on getting its passengers to their destination on time. I have appreciated the predictability of what they offer and how it helped me be organised for my travel.

I will definitely be using it as my preferred local airline. Especially given their competitive rates for numerous destinations within South Africa.

1  Thank SittoK