“Smalltime Airline doesn't even cover the route we were booked on, so they...”
Review of Seaborne Airlines

Reviewed 14 May 2018

JetBlue booked us from Fort Lauderdale to Culebra, P.R., using Seaborne Airlines to get us from San Juan International to Culebra on an island-hopper, which seats about 10 people. But Seaborne Air doesn't actually even fly to Culebra, instead THEY put us on Vieques Airlink, which was ok, except.......Even though i was only traveling with carry-on bags, they weighed my 21 inch suitcase and my tote bag and charged me $25 extra for "weight overage." I had to hand over my credit card, but they couldn't even give me a receipt, because they don't have any means to print them. This was really lame. Their terminal was dark dirty and dingy too.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I flew home with Seaborne on 1st May 2018. I had 3 connecting flights from Saint Martin to Auckland. My bags never showed at my final destination and I had to report a missing bag file at the Air New Zealand baggage counter. Air NZ baggage counter were not able to track down my bag. United Airlines told me that Seaborne Airline had never handed over my bag to my connecting flight. Seaborne never answer their phone or reply to their emails. I repeatedly tried to get though with no luck until today (7th May 2018). The staff told me that my bags were not placed on the flight because of weight restrictions but they are now in San Juan and have flight schedules to my final destination over the next couple of days. It appears, from the other reviews I have read, that Seaborne have lied about baggage status in the past so I phoned United Airlines again and they told me that they had no update on my bags whereabouts which left me a little disheartened. Thankfully though, the seaborne airline staff were not lying and on the 8th May I finally received a call from Air NZ saying that my bags had arrived (that’s 5 days after I had arrived in the country myself). It seems that, if you are traveling with carry-on, the probability of this happening to you is high and although I received my luggage in the end, It is not worth the worry and hassle of trying to track it down. Seaborne obviously have some issues, being a small carrier, with weight restrictions of their aircrafts and that is understandable; but, they can fix this problem by being up front and honest at the service counter and telling customers that they might experience a delay in their luggage reaching their final destination or simply send their customers an email to say that the bag hasn’t even got on the plane so I don’t have to run around chasing it thinking it’s gone forever! I have flown with many different airlines in the past and I have never had a worse experience. I just count myself lucky that I am staying in Auckland for a long period of time, otherwise my bags could have showed up after I had gone.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 4 May 2018

You expect some limits from small airlines with small planes. There is no entertainment food or first class and leg room and space is standard. We got the rear seats that do not recline at all and are very upright to the point of discomfort. We would have put up with this but passengers should not expect to have their hand luggage bumped to cargo and then left behind in favor of privately paid cargo which is what happens on a regular basis on this route. The frequent lines to collect a claim form from staff who claim to not work for the airline are totally crazy. The claim procedure for missing baggage is designed to avoid paying anything at all. The claim has to be sent by e-mail that is not responded to and there is no direct telephone number. Despite having all my receipts for the purchases I had just gone to the USA to make I still had problems and had to actually arrange for the papers to go back to the office in another country and be delivered by hand by another person travelling on the airline. I was eventually told despite all my proofs that I might not have brought my new shopping back from the USA with me in my case so I couldn't be said to have proved it was in my case! However no decision was made and I still have had no decision given at all despite 7 months passing which is causing me problems getting even a small portion of this loss back from my insurance. It really is not worth the risk of losing so much to save a few pounds. Use another airline and save frustration.Their customer service is totally non-existent. Many people are left chasing missing cases they have to repeatedly travel to the airport to try and recover at their own expense even hand luggage that is taken onto the runway where passengers are told there is no room in the plane and it will be loaded into the hold. Don't bet on it. It also doesn't help that the airline is cramped run down and very unreliable. Not all seats recline and they do not run any air-con whilst sitting on the tropical runway. Generally and all round a bad service and not worth the ticket price. There are many other options for a few more pounds to travel better. The local news now reports that the airline have filed for bankruptcy before being bought out by another company and keeping the name which means that there is no way to use any legal route to get a refund. Do not risk losing your money with this airline. The new company might not honor the tickets of the old company and even if they do may end up costing you more than the price of a flight. in lost luggage. I travel frequently in the Caribbean but will never use this airline again not matter how convenient or cheap it may appear at the time.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Great pilot (personable! Captain Chris), plane in average condition, views were spectacular. On time, easy flight. Unfortunately, the gate is in the area of the airport that is still under heavy construction - def. not much to look at there. Would use again. Good value for the money.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Getting to Nevis from San Juan had no hitches, But the return was less than desirable. Our original flight was changed, which meant that connecting flight had to be changed. Besides that, the days of the week Seaborne flew from Nevis to San Juan were changed, which caused further complication on rental arrangements. Further Seaborne said it would refund expenses we incurred for transportation from Nevis to St. Kitts where our flight back to San Juan was located. We have not heard a word or seen the refund.