“Very average”
Review of Cambodia Angkor Air

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The flight was delayed it was a small ATR flight other wise ok. No inflight service, no food, no entertainment. it is a short flight.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It has been a nice trip in Siem Reap not until I run into trouble with the airline when i was going to fly from Siem Reap to Danang to carry on my trip. My itinerary shows "Bags included" but then i was told to pay US$5 per kg when i was checking in. The reason being my ticket does not include bag.........

Shocked, and argued, but no success as the staff didnt bother to explain at all. Since the flight was departing soon, so i could only pay. I sent email to the airline after the trip and received one boilerplate reply only and no more afterwards when i made follow up questions.

I then followed through some online review and checked the terms, and only realized checked luggage are for free only in restricted circumstances. Having it found out, i still find it awful that the airline does not state clearly about the fee. I wouldnt mind paying for the check-in luggage as far as the overall fare is still cheaper than others, orelse i would simply have switched to another airline. What i really feel awful is they don't tell you clearly when you buy and they even mislead you with the "bags included" words on the itinerary. I bought the ticket from their official website and tried for the extra baggage option but it wasn't working, which made me believe my ticket would have checked luggage included.

Our team ended up paying around US$200. That was the price after we managed to switch some stuff to hand-carry. BE REALLY CAREFUL WTIH THIS AIRLINE. Even budget airline would have told you about extra fee upfront.....Frustrated.

1  Thank Andy T
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Short trip in Cambodia. I don't normally like small Asian Airlines and the price of this flight was so cheap it makes you wonder about plane airworthiness. All in all no problems, plane was a small Dash 8 got us there no problems only compliant was it took them 45 mins to get our baggage off and onto the belt for pick up and it appeared we were the only plane that had come in.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Check your flight time and watch your checked luggage. Booked flight 4 months ago and luckily showed up the recommended 2 hours early as they had changed the flight time to depart an hour earlier.

Flight was excellent but checked baggage was rummaged through and $3500 Riel was removed. About $0.80 US, but I was keeping the currency as a memento...

Didn't run into any of the other issues people had mentioned, it seems like avoiding the (promotional fare) tickets is the trick.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had a short flight from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap with Cambodia Angkor Air. There were no issues with this flight, it departed and arrived on time (they do have about an extra hour or more included in "flight time" to allow for any delays).