“Fine experience”
Review of Volotea

Reviewed 12 October 2018

I took 4 flights with volotea recently in Athens, Santorini, Venice, Dubrovnik. The experience was fine contrary to the reviews I read. We had the print outs of our boardinf passes however we observed that one can us the volotea app as well. The only requirement is that you need to check in before (Check in opens about 48 hours before uptill 2.5 hrs) otherwise they charge you 30 euro per boarding pass. They are very strict with the luggage rules. We followed all the rules & also did not observe anyone checking the size or weight of the luggage. 2 of the flights were delayed by about 30-40 minutes but that was the case with other operators as well. Take off & landing was rough.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,880)

Reviewed 11 October 2018

First thing I'll say - READ THE RULES :) If you do you will have no surprises such as charges for printing boarding passes, combined weight of 10kg's for both cabin bags (not like other airlines 10kg case plus small bag) etc.
They offered to take our carry on bags and were told they would be waiting for us on arrival at the bottom of the stairs - that did NOT happen and had to wait for nearly 40 mins for bags to come out so a bit annoyed about that.
Other than that and a couple of fellow travellers making an spectacle of themselves and delaying the flight because they didn't want to follow the "luggage rules" and finally being escorted back to the terminal by airport police ... the flight was pleasant and painless enough. :)

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 11 October 2018

For me this flight from Montpellier to Munich is very convenient- I do not have other experiences. The flight was punctual, even arrived earlier. Everything wnt smooth. The only negative aspect was that we had to wait in a small corridor in Montpellier while the arriving passengers were disembarking. I would have preferred to stay in the waiting area of the airport and be called only after the aircraft had been emptied. But we cannot expect everything from an airline which offers unbeatable prices and very convenient flight times.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Flight was from Naples, IT to Santorini,GR - the only flight for the next 3 days. The flight kept getting delayed and then finally was cancelled. There was only 1 person helping figure out alternative options and giving out vouchers. I decided to take a taxi to Rome and get on a different flight that night so that I could make it to Santorini. I was refunded by still haven't hear anything about my claim for EU261.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience with Volotea, traveling on a direct flight to Verona!!! The aircraft was great, clean etc. The staff very polite, always smiling, helpful. The flight was awesome, both ways we reached our destination earlier. I had my electronic boarding pass and everything worked great. If eating on board is not the main goal, then Volotea is a value for money airline!!!!

• Value for money
Volotea, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volotea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hi Lia T, we are glad to read your message. We will very happy to see you soon on board again. Thank you!