“Improved”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This airline has improved since I last flew it a few years ago. Plenty of leg room and clean bathrooms which smelled good. The food was very good for an airline. A chicken salad and melted cheese sandwich were terrific. The only con was that the trivia game I attempted to play didn’t work. All in all, a good flying experience.

2  Thank lisabm2016
Write a ReviewReviews (32,049)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately the conditions of the aircraft was a disappointment.
The cleaning was bad, the snack served was of poor quality, and the condition of the seat foam (very old armchairs) was the worst.

Date of travel: November 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Latam Airlines cost us over 4k additional flight charges due to the complete incompetence and disgusting customer service.

We booked tickets directly with the airline. They wrote a name wrong. We called 5hrs prior to departure and no one was able to change the name. We kept getting hung up on and told that the department that can change it doesn't have a call number. We missed the flight because of them. We had to pay over 1200 CAD for a new flight. Then we were told our departure flight was cancelled. When we tried to change it no one answered our calls. We were put on hold for hours at a time only to be hung up on.

The day of our departure we had to book a new flight costing another 12-1500 CAD. That's when my boyfriend received an email to say his flight had been updated. We were supposed to leave for Medellin... the flight said it was departing from Bogota and they had a completely new wrong spelling of his name. This airline is a complete joke. We still haven't been able to contact anyone by email or phone and hope to god no one ever experiences what we did.

1  Thank smMontreal
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flights were excellent, both ways. Pilots very kind commenting about the weather and the route, which is very important. Flight attendants are very kind too. But airlines are getting a little bit restricted in terms of what they are reducing. You have to pay for luggage, for seats, for food and tickets are more expensive than before. This makes you feel a little bit abused.

In-flight entertainment has to be updated and/or offer better contents.

On the other hand it will be good to see newer airplanes in LATAM Argentinean´s fleet; I know this because I travel very often. CLARIFICATION: This last comment has nothing to do with flight safety which is, in my opinion, guaranteed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked with LATAM months in advance, gave them nationality and passport info, no problem. Before the flight, had to fill out the same info online again. No problem. Flew to GPS, (nothing included in cost, not even complimentary beverages). When we got ready to leave GPS, the informed me that my ticket was invalid because I was from the US and I had booked a national rate. I reviewed my 2 page ticket and ALL information sent to me at time of purchase. There was nothing indicating that I had bought a reduced rate ticket or needed residency in Ecuador to use it. I had no problem flying to the island either. It doesn't make sense that it was a valid ticket one way, but not the other. I provided their customer service with the 2 page document they sent at time of purchase and they have not responded to me. I would have accepted that I made a mistake if there had been any indication on my ticket that I had. Overall, underimpressed with the company and the way they handle customer relations.