“Nice flight to Iguazu Falls - Argentina”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flights were excellent, both ways. Pilots very kind commenting about the weather and the route, which is very important. Flight attendants are very kind too. But airlines are getting a little bit restricted in terms of what they are reducing. You have to pay for luggage, for seats, for food and tickets are more expensive than before. This makes you feel a little bit abused.

In-flight entertainment has to be updated and/or offer better contents.

On the other hand it will be good to see newer airplanes in LATAM Argentinean´s fleet; I know this because I travel very often. CLARIFICATION: This last comment has nothing to do with flight safety which is, in my opinion, guaranteed.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (31,980)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked with LATAM months in advance, gave them nationality and passport info, no problem. Before the flight, had to fill out the same info online again. No problem. Flew to GPS, (nothing included in cost, not even complimentary beverages). When we got ready to leave GPS, the informed me that my ticket was invalid because I was from the US and I had booked a national rate. I reviewed my 2 page ticket and ALL information sent to me at time of purchase. There was nothing indicating that I had bought a reduced rate ticket or needed residency in Ecuador to use it. I had no problem flying to the island either. It doesn't make sense that it was a valid ticket one way, but not the other. I provided their customer service with the 2 page document they sent at time of purchase and they have not responded to me. I would have accepted that I made a mistake if there had been any indication on my ticket that I had. Overall, underimpressed with the company and the way they handle customer relations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had a morning flight that was only slightly delayed. Flight was efficient, attendants professional. Had a return flight that evening that we were able to change to an earlier flight for a nominal charge. Everyone was very accommodating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In September 2018, I had to cancel a round-trip flight between SCL and IPC … leaving me with a non-refundable $1195 ticket. Attempting to rebook for a flight in March 2019 has been unbelievably painful. First agent couldn’t get my credit card to go through for the fare difference and change fee (which were overpriced by nearly $250) and told me to go to a LATAM Office (nearest one is 250 miles away). Second agent quoted me a totally different fare difference and change fee (nearly $500 more). Third agent quoted me a third fare difference and change fee (nearly $300 more than first quote). Price of new itinerary online was the same each time I called.

Now they are telling me to go to a LATAM Office again. Sent message online. Left Twitter message. Haven’t heard from anybody. Why can’t I talk to someone competent from LATAM to rebook this flight? Why is process so hard? It’s so easy to rebook with a US airline.

Never again with LATAM.

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank 31kennethb
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would avoid this airline at all costs. This was a bit of a delay at Ezezia and they didn't even bother informing us. Which was concerning considering we had a short transit at Santiago. The legroom was not very good either, the flight was not spotless which you seem to wonder what on earth were the cleaners doing sleeping? The staff are not very interested in what the passengers have to say. There English is very well spoken though. The food is top notch but thats where all the good stuff ends. I was looking forward to flying this airline but I quickly learned why this airline is not in the top 20 If you fly to BA from NZ or Aussie I will certainly go with Air New Zealand.

2  Thank zak h