“Average flight”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Simple flight, simple food and friendly staff. This is a mid range haul flight and I was lucky enough to get an exit row seat.

Date of travel: December 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (31,987)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time flying with them, cheapest at the time, and found excellent service, from check-in to cabin staff, flying economy we expected the trip to be a grind, but the in flight entertainment was excellent, the cabin staff were friendly and professional. The meal was vegetarian so no issues there, and the beer was chilled. We would have no hesitation flying with them to further destinations around the world. Well done, hola.

2  Thank Matt N
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I realize that this is a long, overnight flight. However, my son was never served any food or any drink (not even water) during the 8 hours on this flight. Yes, he was asleep during the first meal/beverage service. BUT, the flight attendants did not walk back through to offer additional drinks to anyone. Also, the flight attendants never offered him any food later in the flight. So he went from 5 p.m. in the evening (when we arrived for check-in to the flight) until after 6 a.m.the next morning with NO FOOD and NO beverage (not even water).

In addition, we (family of 5 adults) used LATAM for a total of 4 flights during this trip. Their check-in procedures are VERY SLOW. Even when there was a line of 50--100 people waiting to check-in, there were only 2, maybe 3, check-in staff working the desks. There were the same number of "supervisors" working behind them...but not stepping in to help passengers check-in.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank rickn454
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We flew from Santiago to Calama for our Atacama Desert Trip
Latam provided an excellent Service
Check in easy
Boarding flights simple as their system is great
Comfortable flight and arrived early
Well done Latam
The service was exactly the same on our return flight

1  Thank martindM1171XJ
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took on a flight from Geneva to Mendoza with a transit in London and Sao Paulo. Flight from London to Sao Paulo left with one hour delay due to cargo load (as announced by the captain). Due to this delay I missed my connecting flight in Sao Paulo. After waiting 2 hours at the LATAM desk in Sao Paulo (it seems that everybody travelling with this company that missed their connection). When I finally reached the desk, the officer at the desk tells me that Internet is not working anymore (believe it or not, this is true) and that I should come back in 30-60 minutes. An hour later, and after 30 more minutes of waiting LATAM finally book me on a flight to Santiago with a connection to Mendoza. Unfortunately the flight to Santiago was delayed for more than 2 hours which means that I will not make it to my connecting flight. Back to the LATAM desk they book me on a night flight to Lima (no joke) with a connection to Mendoza. More than 40 hours after leaving Switzerland I finally reach Mendoza (2 nights spent in the plane). But this is not the end! My checked bag is missing. Of course there is nobody available at the LATAM counter and after waiting 30 minutes I can finally report my missing bag. They delivered it 5 days after the start of my trip with no excuses from the company. During that time I tried to call them several times but they never answered any of my calls. Of course I had to buy some clothes because I had no fresh ones. Worst, I had to change all my plans. I came to Mendoza to climb Mt Aconcagua. Because of my lost bag I missed the start of my expedition (I lost ny advance payment) and couldn't start a new expedition because of lack of time (it takes more than 2 weeks to climb Aconcagua).
This company kept lying to me all the time (and still are). When then finally found my bag they told me that it was in London which was not true as there was a tag on my bag proving that it was in Sao Paulo the same day I landed there. And now they're telling me that the delay in London was due to air traffic control (as I already said the captain announced in London the planed was delayed due cargo load).
Think twice before booking a trip with this company...

Date of travel: December 2018