We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedgefield Racecourse

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
192 reviews
299 helpful votes
Sedgefield Racecourse
Save

Just a quick post regarding Sedgefield Racecourse.

I'm quite pleased at the effort the team there are putting into getting people to go racing with various meetings and bringing in different activities....Camel racing anyone!

For a small course there always appears to be something going on and on the whole the meetings are well attended. I was talking to people who had travelled quite some way for the last meet and were impressed with the course.

I have no involvement with the course, just a racing fan!

Whats on...

http://www.sedgefield-racecourse.co.uk/horse-racing/fixtures.php

3 replies to this topic
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Sedgefield Racecourse
Save

great to hear the smaller courses getting a mention, Fakenham is my local, I love it, you can get really close to horses and jockeys and feel a part of it.

Cheltenham may be mecca but the small courses are the bedrock.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
192 reviews
299 helpful votes
2. Re: Sedgefield Racecourse
Save

...Ah Cheltenham...

Yes fuchsiagirl, Im a great supporter of small tracks they all offer a different racing experince, be it flat or National Hunt.

Its good for visitors to any area to know there are race tracks in case they fancy doing something different if they have not been racing before.

Not been to your local course in Norfolk, but if I was in the area I would certainly take a look!

Fingers crossed for the meeting this afternoon and the rain holds off!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
826 posts
96 reviews
80 helpful votes
3. Re: Sedgefield Racecourse
Save

Hi,

I live near the racecourse and love racing. The only shame with such a small couse is the quality of racing is not brilliant.On the other hand how many people have a racecourse so close at hand

Reply to: Sedgefield Racecourse
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sedgefield
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.