We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much will I need?

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
1 review
How much will I need?

Hi everyone :)

Myself and my boyfriend are going to Corfu (Dassia) in two weeks time and I was wondering how much does everyone recommend to take?

We are staying in the Chandris hotel and only get our breakfast so will mostly be dining out at least once a day.

We are also going to plan a couple of excursions such as diving and maybe a boat trip (also anyone know the prices/places that do these?) :)

In terms of shopping, is it the same as say, Lanzarote where its mostly *tat* or is there decent shopping places? (edit. I love a bit of tat! but don't want to waste my money on silly little bits this time around)

Thanks a lot x

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: How much will I need?

Lunch or dinner for two in the local tavernas can be about 30 euros, inclusive of wine beer etc. A trip, or two, plus a few bus fares could be about another 100 euros. If you add another 100 for shopping then I would say about 400/500 per week is what we might spend. Always a good idea to have a wad of spare cash for emergencies also.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: How much will I need?

A regular question on here - most couples budget £1000 for a two-week stay.

Steve

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: How much will I need?

Ah thank you.

I've budgeted about £500 so far which I think works out about €650 so that should be okay :-)

Thanks

Newcastle, United...
3 posts
1 review
4. Re: How much will I need?

That'll be great. Probably take an extra €100 just in case :-)

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: How much will I need?

Hi it really depends on how lavish you want to be. When the euro dramatically dropped it was almost €1 to £1 we took a couple bottles booze with us. We drink spirits be then just lay on the beach rather than splash out on the sun beds. We eat out each lunch and dinner. My full was 1 main course each with a large bottle of water. The bill was always just slightly below €20. We were amazed at how well we did. This was a couple of years ago. We now never use sun beds in the beach just a towel. We do either buy or take an umbrella with us. Hope this has been if help to you. 😃😃

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: How much will I need?

I'm not sure about Dassia but, in Roda, a €20 three years ago, is more or less what you will still pay today ... a reduction of 35% in GBP terms since the "€1 to £1" days. What cost £20 then costs less than £15 now - value for money in Greece is getting better.

Steve

7. Re: How much will I need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Dassia
Recent Conversations
More Dassia Topics