We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

Travelling with wife and a gaggle of her friends, looking to get away for the day to the beach. Ideally, looking for something that has nice beaches, good fresh fish eateries, isn't too touristy, but big enough to spend the day.

We're either going to rent a car or take the train, and Santa Marinella and Anzio are the 2 leading contenders.

Any experienced suggestions one way or another? Grazie.

4 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

Unless you are interested in the WW2 US invasion, I would recommend Santa Marinella. It is a nicer town, with a castle and some decent restaurants. Both have small public beaches, better to pay for sunbeds at a stablimento.

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

Is anyone aware as to the season closure times

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

Here is the web site for one of the beach clubs, you can e-mail and ask about specific dates and times: …jimdo.com/contatti/

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome

I visited Anzio and Santa Marinella. I was there with my husband and 1 year and 10 months old son. I came there after noon. We came to the lunch and then to the beach about 2 - 3 o´clock. When I came to a private beach to Santa Marinella - all of them are closer to the train station I sat with my son at closed with no towel, no any notice that it couldn´t be free, bed in the first row near the sea. Very soon came man from club and told me to pay for bed and umbrella. I went about 500 metres to the office and paid a fee 10 euro for bed and 10 euro for umbrella ( it was 3 p.m. ). When I put all my things from my bag - towels, swimming costumes toys for baby came another man. He asked me if I paid for umbrella and bed. I said yes. He asked me to show him a bill and I did it. Then he said that umbrellas and beds - all of them are rented with tourists and families before - in advance. So I had to pick up all my things and baby and went to the end - into the fifth or sixth row from the see. I asked also man from another club and he said also that I couldn´t go to the first row if when it´s free - closed beds. I had very bad experience from this place full, overcrowded, people there are . I could recommend more Anzio. Very nice town. We had the best pizza slices in Palm beach pizza - perfect for good price. We paid for bed and umbrella only 15 euros( because it was also 3 p.m.). I was there in second row near the sea. Personal was very helpful and beautiful scenery. Not so overcrowded as Santa marinella. I would like to visit this town in the future - I hope so.

Reply to: Santa Marinella beach Versus Anzio beach near Rome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Marinella