We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacaona still in bussiness?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Anacaona still in bussiness?

Does anyone know if this restaurant is still running? If so, where is located relative to Cayacoa?

Samana
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anacaona still in bussiness?

I have been living in the town of Samana for 3 years and i have never heard about this Anacoana Restaurant.

Are you sure about that name ?

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
Edmonton
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anacaona still in bussiness?

Not really sure, I found it doing some online research on what is at Playa Las Flechas. After having been there, it seems hard to believe there is or ever was a restaurant there (at least we didn't see it).

Saw reference to it some online resources such as "The Rough Guide to the Dominican Republic" for example. But its quite possible these resources are all quite old and that the restaurant hasn't been there for 3 years maybe.

Mentioned in this post
Samana
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anacaona still in bussiness?

I also did a bit of additional research online and it seems that the Restaurant Anacoana on Playa Las Flechas which is located about 15 kilometers from Samana Town is listed on the THE ROUGH GUIDE, a book that was published in 2002.

So, probably the place do not exist no more.

Here is the link to that book :

http://books.google.com/books?isbn=1858289122

Mentioned in this post
Samana Province
Samana Province
Dominican Republic
4. Re: Anacaona still in bussiness?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara de Samana
More Santa Barbara de Samana Topics