We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayurvedic treatment and Massage?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ayurvedic treatment and Massage?

Hi,

Which is the best place for a week long Ayurvedic Treatment and Massage in Kumily- Thekkkady?

2 replies to this topic
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
238 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayurvedic treatment and Massage?

I have done some good study on Ayurvedic centres in Thekkady/Kumily 2 years ago and let me tell you one thing - many of the private ayurvedic centres in Thekkady are not genuine. They are mostly made for tourists.

The most authentic place I know for Ayurveda in Thekkady is, Santhigiri. It is a small clinic but do have very authentic treatments and have genuine medical professionals. They are not made-for-tourists and the costs are very affordable. But the biggest drawback there is, they don't have many facilities to help the tourists The clinic maintains very low profile ambience and don't have rooms to stay. They don't even have a proper shower facility after the ayurvedic massage etc. I have written a detailed review of Santhigiri in my blog - indiatravelblog.com/resources/4044-Santhigir…

If you want to avail the experts of Santhiri and need some extra facilities, then go for Aranya Nivas by KTDC in the Periyar Tiger Reserve. They have partnered with Santhigiri for providing Ayurvedic treatments in the resort. The cost will be obviously on the higher side but you will get all the comforts of a resort.

Chempenkulam Ayurvedic Hospital is another reliable ayurvedic facility in Thekkady. It is located a few km away from the town but do have several rooms for stay, multiple ayurvedic treatment rooms and a lot of staff. It is a typical private hospital with reliable doctors and genuine facilities. More than a resort, it is a hospital but it does have an ambience of a resort. So, if you like to stay for a few days and enjoy the weather in Thekkady and do Ayurvedic treatments at the same time, Chempenkulam Ayurvedic Hospital is a good place. I have done a detailed comparison of all these ayurvedic facilities in my blog here - indiatravelblog.com/resources/4031-Top-ayurv…

Other than these 3, all the premium resorts in Thekkady offer ayurvedic facilities. I have seen the ayurvedic facilities in the "Elephant Court" and they look very good. The cost will be on a higher side since it is a star hotel.

Kumarakom, India
Level Contributor
333 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ayurvedic treatment and Massage?

Hi all,

I would second the thoughts of Mr. Tony

Cheers !

Reply to: Ayurvedic treatment and Massage?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kumily