We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

St. Albert
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

Hi just wondering if booking for 2 weeks will be too long at this resort/location? We are a family of 5, one adult child, 13 and 12 year old. I am concerned that we will get bored but really would like to get away for two weeks. Thoughts anyone?

1. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:41
Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
336 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

Not to be a downer but we stayed there for one night after a flight cancellation and it was too long. It's not for us but to each his own.

United States
Level Contributor
12,771 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

"will be too long at this resort/location?"

Everyone is different. For me the answer would be yes. Two weeks at the Grand Palladium will be way too long for me.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica...
7,560 Reviews
Jamaica
roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

What are ypu looking for in a resort? 2 wks is definitely not too long to be in Jamaica but I would do a split. Negril/Treasure Beach - then last 2 nights in Mobay to be close to airport. In Treasure beach you can rent a staffed villa. If you don't want to go that far look at Villas in Little bay - a quaint fishing village where your kids will have many local kids to play with.

If Villas aren't your thing do a split between Negril and Runaway bay. People love the Jewel Runaway bay with kids.

PEACE!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Treasure Beach
Treasure Beach
98 Reviews
Jamaica
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach...
2,805 Reviews
Jamaica
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

I depends on a variety of issues, for me — you could had a different array of priorities.

I do not like to move around that much as I want a vacation and not a trip. Perhaps one move is ok during 2 weeks. I spend more than 10 years traveling from one city to another within Europe, the US and Southern Pacific where every day was a new city, another pair of airports, another pair of taxis. Exhausting.

When I travel to a country, I prefer to stay in a place that somehow reflects the flavor of the country I am visiting. The Palladium is an international hotel meaning that it could be on any beach on any island; you will nearly know you are in Jamaica.

I like a village or town near to my resort so my excursions are convenient. The Palladium is very isolated (some might observe that it is in the middle of nowhere — I say you pass that sign before getting to the Palladium)

My view is that the Palladium does not have sufficient beach size for the number of folks staying at the resort. It has 1056 rooms, so that means maybe some 3000 folks on 4 small beaches (and one is adults only, in principle). The Palladium is basically a pool-oriented resort.

I prefer a resort with more than a modest amount of inclusions. I enjoy watersports, so I want a resort that reflects that pleasure in the form of inclusions.

So I am with post #2, one day is too long as it misses what I anticipate from a Jamaican vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
St. Albert
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

Thanks for everyone's input. I was hoping excursions would keep us intrigued enough that two weeks would sail by without ever losing interest or getting bored.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

Excursions will keep you busy! Make your reservations then post again for excursion recommendation s!!

Don't let a few deter you. What did you like about that resort? If you stay in a resort in Negril you. Have access to things other than excursions - long beach walks, cliffs, amazing restaurants, music etc...

PEACE!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

mom38St_Albert,

Would you consider an AI in the Negril venue? For a family AI resort, the best would be Beaches Negril. It has a full basket of inclusions including motorized water sports activities like glass bottom boat, snorkel excursions, and scuba (a resort course is offered for a nominal fee). Plus there is the "night club" for tweens, an xBox lounge, playroom with all kinds of games, a waterpark, a fantastic beach and 5 miles of sand to walk along. You are in the town of Negril for all kinds of adventures.

I know it is on the upper side of a budget, but there are sooooo many inclusions that other resorts charge for. Plus, there is a strict no-tipping policy which for a family of your size might be substantial at other resorts.

It is a resort with a Jamaica look and feel in architecture, food, ambiance. It is not a high-rise mega-resort.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
Beaches Negril Resort...
5,555 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
St. Albert
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

We have been to the Beaches in Turks & Caicos and you are correct, it is amazing. The reason, we are picking the Grand Palladium is because when we were in Mexico last year, we stayed there in the Mayan and we were offered a pkg with the travel club that we felt we couldn't refuse. It is a small pkg with some good incentives for the right price, so we thought what the heck, why not. Yes it completely limits us but it will be short term but I am grateful that we have this oppurtunity. I .agree that I wish it took on more of the local personality which is a big part of travelling but with that said, I haven't really stayed at a resort that reflected the native location outside of architecture a bit but then again we have only travelled to a select few destinations. It is my hope that by doing excursions and I was hoping there will be plenty of places to visit and see, that we will not miss out on the authentic Jamaica. My biggest concern is the location of the Grand Palladium. ... Thank you again for all your insight. Most appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica...
7,560 Reviews
Jamaica
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,366 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 weeks to long at Grand Palladium???

If you add in a couple of excursions away from the resort, I don't think two weeks will be too long.

Get answers to your questions about Lucea