We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

Recently read that there a lot of jellyfish at the beaches at the Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort. I know the beaches there are man made and rocky, but now concerned about jellyfish. Is this true and is there a special time of year that the jellyfish appear at the GP resort beaches?

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Jamaica...
7,750 Reviews
Jamaica
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

Can anyone answer if there are lots of jellyfish at the Grand Palladium resort? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
7,750 Reviews
Jamaica
wales
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

I was there in June 2015 for 14 nights, didn't see any during that time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

Thanks welshboy694 that is what I wanted to hear.

wales
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

No problems, we had a great time there

Wi
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

I am here right now and no jellyfish. The bad part is jellyfish are not on a schedule and come and go. Depends on tide, water temp, etc. you might have them one day and not the next. Don't worry about them and have a great vacation.

Coralville, Iowa
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

What do you think of the resort? We are scheduled to arrive late next month, but I am having second thoughts. How is the food and entertainment? I am a vegetarian and my daughter a vegan. Food options look to be limited for us picky eaters!

Coralville, Iowa
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

What do you think of the resort? We are scheduled to arrive late next month, but I am having second thoughts. How is the food and entertainment? I am a vegetarian and my daughter a vegan. Food options look to be limited for us picky eaters!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

We did go at the end of April and we really liked the resort. We did not encounter any Jellyfish at that time.

Food was good. Sorry we are not vegetarians, but I am sure you could find something to eat at the buffet and at the a la carte restaurants. I can't recall if the steakhouse had a vegetarian offering on their menu, but you can probably find the menu online and I am sure you could see it before you entered the restaurant. They had an Indian restaurant that you could get vegetarian courses, as well as the Italian. Not sure about the Mexican restaurant, but I would think so. There are other a la carte restaurants as well, but the ones I mentioned were the ones we went to. We really enjoy Miss Lou's Bar for really good fancy coffees. They open at 10 AM till 10 PM and most evening have a piano player/singer. They had cocktails too and also pastries. Lots of live entertainment, especially in the evening at the various bars. There is a theatre show as well. We have been to many all inclusives in the Caribbean and Mexico and we would go back to this one again. Have a great vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
springfield, mo
Level Contributor
287 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

There is a menu for each restaurant on the Grand Palladium app if you want to check that out. That would show how many vegan options at the ala cartes.

Mentioned in this post
7,750 Reviews
Jamaica
Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jellyfish at Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton Resort

I have been there twice and haven't seen any, going back in September so will let you know