We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red henna/mendhi

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
Red henna/mendhi

hi

Does anyone know of any beauty salons in/near Cavelossim which do traditional Red Henna/mendhi?

Many thanks

PP

1. Re: Red henna/mendhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 03:48
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Hi jipph i

Thanks for the reply. I am only interested in traditional red henna, would never touch black henna as it can cause severe allergic reactions.

Cheers

PP

Margao, India
Level Contributor
103 posts
3. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Brit females having a translucent skin with bluish tinge , and most sensitive , even a single harmless mosquito bite looks like tiny crater on plant mars !

Black Mehandi which is being used in Goa for Tattoo or Mehandi is not at all natural Henna or Mehandi !?? It's PPD ( para-phenylenediamine ) a chemical dye can cause blisters and open sores .

Just waggle your head numerous times to say no modestly , if it doesn't work just yell at the top of your voice to say a big NOOOOOO .

Traditional Mehandi is red-brown in color and safe .

But it's better to get it done from any good mehandi artist who can give you the same result as your profile pic .

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
4. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Hi

Thank you for your reply. The mendhi in my profile picture was done on my last trip to India but not in Goa.

PP

Margao, India
Level Contributor
103 posts
5. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Best Mehandi artists are freelancers , they do not work in beauty parlors or saloons ,But there are just couple of professional artists in Goa as the henna body painting market is limited here . Mostly they take bridal assignments . you can try to convince them for your non-bridal assignment .

just surf http://www.goaweddingdirectory.com/

6. Re: Red henna/mendhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 22:33
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
114 reviews
7. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Hi

Thanks for the replies. The wedding directory looks interesting.

Many thanks

PP

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
58 reviews
8. Re: Red henna/mendhi

Soonaam, I like your posts.

Informative and polite.

Thanks.

Margao, India
Level Contributor
103 posts
9. Re: Red henna/mendhi

thanks and gratitude ! hummm ...... i think it's manufacturing defect !

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Red henna/mendhi

I am almost sure that when we were there in Feb this year someone at Watsons Supermarket was advertising doing it. Don't know what they use though.

Get answers to your questions about Cavelossim
Recent Conversations
More Cavelossim Topics