We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nationalities

north east england
Level Contributor
504 posts
149 reviews
Nationalities

Are there a good mix of nationalities on holiday in Tsilivi as last year in Kos we met few brits and many German and Russians.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
77 reviews
1. Re: Nationalities

You will be happy to know judging by your post mostly Brits.

north east england
Level Contributor
504 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Nationalities

Not at all just stating who we met, like a mix of all kinds not just Brits, one of the worst holidays we ever had was in a hotel in Spain full of Brits lol

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Nationalities

Sorry Polly i read your post wrong.We go to Sharm el sheik for a winter break and the complex is predominantly Russian guesta with just a few brits and to me they seem very rude and push and shove to get to the food.They also seem rude and loud to the waiters and barstaff.This may be just there way but i dont think its the right way.

north east england
Level Contributor
504 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: Nationalities

Lol at least when we with Germans and Russians we don't understand what they are saying (some may say this about me being from the north east) lol

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Nationalities

Polly, there is actually quite a good mix of nationalities in Tsilivi, just most don't go out to the bars in the evenings but stay in their groups (usually guided) in the hotels. I've enjoyed meeting so many different people in Tsilivi and made quite a lot for friends there. It gets quite a few Italians in June french and German, not seen many Russians there but a few Australians. Like you I hate predominately English resorts (although like pete, don't like Russians much), I hate the football in bars and I hate the endless re-runs of only fools and horses! (I didn't like it first time round!) I used to spend quite a bit of time in Luxor in Egypt and my favorite is Poros in Greece but you can't get there these days on a package. Tsilivi is my next choice just because of how chilled and ultra friendly it is and VERY different from the likes of Laganas, less teens and less bars with shouty chavs screaming... COME ON...and on a plus point, I didn't see any vomit! least of all step in anything I can't identify! I'm no snob but always feel if you spend the money and time to go abroad it's at least prudent to see a bit of the culture, learn some language and explore, if I want English I will stay down here in Devon. The best part is if you AVOID British bars altogether, I never understand folk who say... I spent a whole week in this british bar owned by british people and full of equally sad british patrons! Seek out hidden Greek gems especially restaurants or better still head out into the hills you will find a real Greece you just don't get in big resorts, the food is some of the best I have had in the med in Tsilivi, Fish and meat are excellent (greek), Tsilivi still holds it's charms if you look for it.. Alternatively you can be a total Brit, drink all day and eat nasty fry ups if that is your thing <shiver> there is something there for everyone if you only seek it out and that's why it's such a nice place to visit :) Hope that helps - Chris & Jay x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Nationalities

Does it matter?

If you choose to mix then surely the nationality is irrelevant.

north east england
Level Contributor
504 posts
149 reviews
7. Re: Nationalities

Thanks for that Chris very helpful I am getting into holiday mode now, just need to lose a few pounds to put it all back on with lovely greek food lol

8. Re: Nationalities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Tsilivi
Recent Conversations